ev2 finally at home!!

no avatar
woogie

ev2 finally at home!!

Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:52 pm

Well after selling the daystate, I now have a nib ev2 inbound to me! This has been a rifle I have wanted for some time, and the add plus is that I have been wanting to try some field target as well. So rifle inbound as well as a new scope. I had a falcon 4-14x44 I was planning on using, but after having troubles getting the warranty replacement scope in. I was able to talk to the dealer and found that they had a demo falcon T50 10-50x60 ft scope. So after a little talking and a little extra money,I have a new scope coming as well!

Now all I need is for the parts to show up so I can get everything up and running....Have a shot I would like to get to in two weeks! So not like I am cutting things close or anything...lol
Last edited by woogie on Thu May 07, 2015 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
air gun

Re: ev2 inbound!!

Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:45 pm

woogie wrote:Well after selling the daystate, I now have a nib ev2 inbound to me! This has been a rifle I have wanted for some time, and the add plus is that I have been wanting to try some field target as well. So rifle inbound as well as a new scope. I had a falcon 4-14x44 I was planning on using, but after having troubles getting the warranty replacement scope in. I was able to talk to the dealer and found that they had a demo falcon T50 10-50x60 ft scope. So after a little talking and a little extra money,I have a new scope coming as well!

Now all I need is for the parts to show up so I can get everything up and running....Have a shot I would like to get to in two weeks! So not like I am cutting things close or anything...lol

I was looking at thatfalcon scope last Night. Can you let us know what its like when you get it mate.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
woogie

Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:18 am

Will do.

Plan on putting plenty of pellets through the combo.

no avatar
scrane

Sun May 03, 2015 1:26 pm

It sounds to me like you do have a Mk1. I believe that the main differences in the EV2 were in the stock. The Mk1 had two posts supporting the butt plate and the cheek piece while the later models had a single articulated post on each. I think the early Mk1s came painted silver from the factory.

no avatar
woogie

Tue May 05, 2015 12:08 am

Well scope is here tomorrow and rifle on Wednesday. Now with the silver stock, what does the wood typically look like? Curious if there would be something special under the paint, or what.

Ok picture is way to large sorry about that. Took it off of my phone.
Attachments
0429152212.jpg
0429152212.jpg (208.88 KiB) Viewed 4003 times

no avatar
air gun

Tue May 05, 2015 12:04 pm

woogie wrote:Well scope is here tomorrow and rifle on Wednesday. Now with the silver stock, what does the wood typically look like? Curious if there would be something special under the paint, or what.

Ok picture is way to large sorry about that. Took it off of my phone.

looks the biz mate.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
woogie

Re: ev2 finally at home!!

Thu May 07, 2015 2:56 am

[img width=600 height=337]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/woogie_man/Mobile%20Uploads/1430966869_zpsd116eac3.jpg[/img]

Rifle set up. Need to get fill adapter set up, but she is good to go.

Have died a few shots through the rifle, and to be honest the first shot scared the poo out of me. As did the second and third..lol. the trigger is scary light, but awesome. Going to get things set up tomorrow and more shots down range. Really happy to have read in the owners manual that they test the rifle with the AA 8.4 fields, just so happens that I have 10 full time of those from a past rifle!

no avatar
air gun

Thu May 07, 2015 5:41 pm

woogie wrote:[img width=600 height=337]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/woogie_man/Mobile%20Uploads/1430966869_zpsd116eac3.jpg[/img]

Rifle set up. Need to get fill adapter set up, but she is good to go.

Have died a few shots through the rifle, and to be honest the first shot scared the poo out of me. As did the second and third..lol. the trigger is scary light, but awesome. Going to get things set up tomorrow and more shots down range. Really happy to have read in the owners manual that they test the rifle with the AA 8.4 fields, just so happens that I have 10 full time of those from a past rifle!

get shooting mate and let us know how it drives. :mrgreen:

no avatar
woogie

Thu May 07, 2015 10:34 pm

The rifle is great, but need to break in the barrel as well as get the regulator to settle in. Shooting the aa field 8.4 grain pellets, I was noticing wandering pellets. Removed the muzzle break to free float the barrel and the same outcome. Figure it needs more pellets down the tube.

This trigger is something though, better than the daystate for sure.

no avatar
air gun

Thu May 07, 2015 10:38 pm

woogie wrote:The rifle is great, but need to break in the barrel as well as get the regulator to settle in. Shooting the aa field 8.4 grain pellets, I was noticing wandering pellets. Removed the muzzle break to free float the barrel and the same outcome. Figure it needs more pellets down the tube.

This trigger is something though, better than the daystate for sure.

it might like some different pellets mate. what does that big falcon look and shoot like. :mrgreen: