Front cylinder seal change

no avatar
Lumphammer666

Front cylinder seal change

Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:48 pm

Hi guys
Been trying to replace seal on front end of tube were fill adapter is and its not budging! Bought a set of curclip plyers but still locked up.
Any tips advice to remove this?
Thanks in adavance
Regards
Lee

no avatar
mark holding

Re: Front cylinder seal change

Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:33 pm

I had the same problem removing the two ends of my S200 cylinder. They are well known for being tightened to extremes. Must have been put on by machine, or an idiot. You will need to put your cylinder in a vice if its anything like mine. I also brought a special valve removal tool from XTX for about £7, which fits over the valve with two pins that locate each valve. Then using an adjustable plumbers spanner on the removal tool was able to remove the two ends. Make sure that you protect the cylinder with card or something when its in the vice.

no avatar
Lumphammer666

Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:45 pm

mark holding wrote:I had the same problem removing the two ends of my S200 cylinder. They are well known for being tightened to extremes. Must have been put on by machine, or an idiot. You will need to put your cylinder in a vice if its anything like mine. I also brought a special valve removal tool from XTX for about £7, which fits over the valve with two pins that locate each valve. Then using an adjustable plumbers spanner on the removal tool was able to remove the two ends. Make sure that you protect the cylinder with card or something when its in the vice.

Thanks pal

no avatar
Lumphammer666

Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:50 pm

Whos xtx?
Regards
Lee

Raj

Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:41 pm

I once wrote a set of instructions for assembling the Altaros regulator which Ondrej Plachy still uses on his website. I just realised that he has actually credited me for the input :oops: :) This shows you how to open up a CZ200 / AA S200 cylinder - either end with just basic tools.

http://www.altaros.cz/en/cz/10-regulato ... /|demoTab3
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Lumphammer666

Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:02 pm

Raj wrote:I once wrote a set of instructions for assembling the Altaros regulator which Ondrej Plachy still uses on his website. I just realised that he has actually credited me for the input :oops: :) This shows you how to open up a CZ200 / AA S200 cylinder - either end with just basic tools.

http://www.altaros.cz/en/cz/10-regulato ... /|demoTab3

Hi raj
Thanks pal but mines a s400
Regards
Lee

Raj

Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:04 pm

Sorry I didnt realise that and thanks for letting us know now, pal. I am sure if we all keep posting well like we are at the moment, we will soon remember each other's rifles and calibres and so avoid such confusion :) ;)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
mark holding

Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:54 pm

Thanks Raj,
Just seen the information. Did you find it as simple as the video suggests, or did you have to fine tune the settings using just the power screw on the side of the rifle, or the power output on the regulator? At the moment I am finding it not very consistent. It will do some good shot strings within 3 or 4ft per second at around 11.2 ft/lb, then jump up by as much as 50 ft /per /second, every now and then, pushing it just over the 12ftlb.

Here's the tool I was on about, if normal tools can't do the job. I couldn't believe how tight the bloody inlet and outlet valves were at each end of the rifles air cylinder.

http://xtxair.com/eshop.php#!/Air-Arms- ... ort=normal