AA HFT500 Air Stripper.

no avatar
Dajo

AA HFT500 Air Stripper.

Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:02 am

Hi All,

Good to see the AAOC back in action again. So, my latest arrival is the HFT500 and so far very impressed. I thought it might be something like my old MPR FT but very pleasantly surprised to find that it's even better bar one thing. I need to quieten the rifle down somewhat as we're pretty close to neighbors and it does make a fair crack with the air stripper. Anyway the problem is that I have to remove the stripper to install a Rowan silencer adaptor but do you think it will come off, no way, it just will not move. I'm just beginning to wonder if it's lock tighted on. Does anyone know if this is the case. I could try any manner of ways to remove it but really don't want to remove the barrel or use heat while it's installed. Any ideas ?

Thanks in anticipation,

Dajo.

no avatar
Monty47

Re: AA HFT500 Air Stripper.

Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:12 am

i woud use a hair drier first, it shouldnt be loctite fitted

no avatar
gordon

Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:19 am

I removed my AA stripper to fit a UK Neil stripper, just loosened the grub screw and it came off very easily, no sign of any thread lock ,there are a number of HFT 500 at my club and all have after market strippers, no one had a problem removing them. Mines in bits at the moment, so just removed the UKNeil stripper, there is a hole in the barrel to locate the AA strippers grub screw, iv`e read somewhere that this hole may have a rough edge and can stop the AA stripper from sliding off ? and had to be persuaded to come off with a piece of wood and some careful hammering :shock: . Not a lot of help I know but may be that`s what jamming your stripper.... Gordon. Sorry if it`s a daft question, but have you fully removed the grub screw ?
Professional Ferret Juggler

no avatar
Dajo

Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:57 pm

gordon wrote:I removed my AA stripper to fit a UK Neil stripper, just loosened the grub screw and it came off very easily, no sign of any thread lock ,there are a number of HFT 500 at my club and all have after market strippers, no one had a problem removing them. Mines in bits at the moment, so just removed the UKNeil stripper, there is a hole in the barrel to locate the AA strippers grub screw, iv`e read somewhere that this hole may have a rough edge and can stop the AA stripper from sliding off ? and had to be persuaded to come off with a piece of wood and some careful hammering :shock: . Not a lot of help I know but may be that`s what jamming your stripper.... Gordon. Sorry if it`s a daft question, but have you fully removed the grub screw ?

Thanks Gordon,

I think you're right. Took the grub screw out again and looking down the wee hole I can see the location mark and it does look pretty rough and I think it is the rough bit that stops the stripper sliding off. I guess a piece of dowel and a good tap, tap with a hammer should do the trick. Will give it a try.

Many thanks for your answers guys,

Dajo.

no avatar
gordon

Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:28 pm

Let us know how you get on please :)

no avatar
Dajo

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi All,

Well, I managed to free the Air stripper with the method advised by Gordon. That is, piece of wood and a gentle tap to remove. It was very tight and needed to be tapped off right to the end. I had a close look at everything after removal but detected no sharp bits anywhere either inside the stripper or on the barrel. Sure enough, the indent was there in the barrel but no protrusion of any sort. So, I proceeded to put the Stripper back on after a very light dab of gun oil to the barrel but I still had to tap it back on till alignment with the indent was achieved. All back together and working just fine.

Conclusion is that the stripper and barrel were a perfect match, fitting exactly and making a very tight fit.

Thanks again for the help Gordon,

Dajo.

no avatar
gordon

Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:52 am

Glad you got it sorted :D ....Gordon.