which chronograph?

no avatar
singlespeed

which chronograph?

Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:14 am

From the S200 thread, its obvious that a reliable chronograph is needed to check possible power issues and to stay within the law.

Being as I'll be stripping my S410 to fit a regulator and do a polish, I'll definitely be needing one. So, which one to go for?

I won't be needing computer connection unless it's possible to link to Samsung tablet, so just after pointers on reliability, ease of use, setup, spares n support, cost.

Thanks in advance, Neil.

raygun

Re: which chronograph?

Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:19 am

For the use you have in mind a Combro chrono would be ideal.

http://www.combro.co.uk/cb625.html

First class service, especially if you break it :lol: Possibly the cheapest on the market but does a good job.

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
singlespeed

Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:30 am

Thanks Ray.

Obviously I've seen the Combro and noticed the price being half or 1/3 of the units with screens. Being a single piece unit, theres part of me thinking the results should be more repeatable than having fold out screens which may (or may not) slew readings if not set exactly the same each time. The thing that bothered me was the cheap cost which usually means nasty product by one way or a other.

Great if its a win win scenario :)

raygun

Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:18 am

I have a few chrono's (including expensive ones) and the Combro reads within a few FPS of these.

I've also had the Combro for around 15 years and it still works well. It's probably the cheapest but that doesn't mean less quality. It would be perfectly suitable for what you want.

ATB
Ray

no avatar
singlespeed

Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:52 am

Perfect :)

Thanks

Timmytree

Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:51 pm

singlespeed wrote:Thanks Ray.

Obviously I've seen the Combro and noticed the price being half or 1/3 of the units with screens. Being a single piece unit, theres part of me thinking the results should be more repeatable than having fold out screens which may (or may not) slew readings if not set exactly the same each time. The thing that bothered me was the cheap cost which usually means nasty product by one way or a other.

Great if its a win win scenario :)

It is win win!
The combro is accurate, small enough to fit in a pocket, doesn't need special lighting, works in bright sunlight and the customer service from Robin is second to none. I've just sent mine off to be repaired because I sort of damaged it. Just a bit. I shot the end right off it!! :mrgreen:
Anyhow, an email about repairs to Robin and he told me to post it back with a cheque for £7-50 and it will be sorted.

no avatar
singlespeed

Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:17 pm

Timmytree wrote:It is win win!
The combro is accurate, small enough to fit in a pocket, doesn't need special lighting, works in bright sunlight and the customer service from Robin is second to none. I've just sent mine off to be repaired because I sort of damaged it. Just a bit. I shot the end right off it!! :mrgreen:
Anyhow, an email about repairs to Robin and he told me to post it back with a cheque for £7-50 and it will be sorted.

:lol: yes, I did stumble upon your post mentioning a mishap

Sake-san

Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:08 pm

Another vote for the Combro, it does everything it should in a small, compact package and reliably proves itself in accuracy terms against more esoteric options.
Owners do seem to have a propensity to shoot them!, I have previously suggested that such offenders should not be allowed to handle loaded guns! :o , shall not repeat as one imagines that it may just be a matter of time :lol:
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

Timmytree

Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Sake-san wrote:Another vote for the Combro, it does everything it should in a small, compact package and reliably proves itself in accuracy terms against more esoteric options.
Owners do seem to have a propensity to shoot them!, I have previously suggested that such offenders should not be allowed to handle loaded guns! :o , shall not repeat as one imagines that it may just be a matter of time :lol:

I always said the same, laughed at the muppets, lots of derision and scorn. Then I did it myself! I felt a right tit, even a left tit and maybe even a male member all at the same time. :mrgreen:

no avatar
gary martin

Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:56 pm

put my vote in for the crombro too, put simply it works, and at a price and a physical size and weight to make it portable.