it's the 28th of november and...

no avatar
zingpow

it's the 28th of november and...

Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:46 pm

it's the warmest day of the month...one day, good bye it's gone...THE BIKES ARE IN THE DEN...i almost moved the furniture and got the grease and pry bars out to squeeze the yamaha out the sliding door and freedom but just couldn't get up enough umph...

58f but the wind is strong and relentless...last night's low was a balmy 41f and there is nothing but 20's to lower 40's in the forecast with rain and sleet...still, i thought about it...we've already had a coat of snow which is my signal to bring the bikes inside for the winter and put "storage" insurance on them...

there will probably be a nice day in december, maybe one in january but february and march are THE hunker down months...april is a complete tease and you're rolling the dice the first two or three weeks of may...i'll watch isle of man tt videos and clean the bikes until they squeek...yamaha needs (i want) new mirrors and maybe some aftermarket seats...zing in the depths of despair...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

no avatar
FPoole

Re: it's the 28th of november and...

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:16 am

I nearly burnt down at work today. Stuck up on a balcony facing south with temps in the mid 80's. I can tell you don't live in central Florida. I'd actually welcome a little weather in the 30's.

no avatar
zingpow

Re: it's the 28th of november and...

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:53 am

FPoole wrote:I nearly burnt down at work today. Stuck up on a balcony facing south with temps in the mid 80's. I can tell you don't live in central Florida. I'd actually welcome a little weather in the 30's.

the only friend i have in the world lives in tampa and my son lives in deland, they both talk like that until, as in last week, one of them has to come up here for a few days...it wasn't even that cold and chris was bundled up like he was mushing a dog sled through the arctic wilderness...

when i was a young man i relished in the cold, steelhead fishing right through the winter...i used to say i'd rather have it 40 than 80, well those days are g-o-n-e...for riding motorcycles 65-75 is perfect as in you can wear leather to both keep you warm and protect your skin from road rash in the event of an "unplaned get off"...not that i have ever been down but the traffic laws that were in place most of my life are just not enforced anymore and it's open season on bikers, especially sport bike riders...zing of the wild frontier...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money