Chinese high pressure compressors

Re: Chinese high pressure compressors

Postby Blackbaronfish » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:10 pm

It wouldn’t be a bad idea to make a log of the days and times you use it.
I hope it continues to work :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended every annual meet since we started
Blackbaronfish
Super Admin

Postby AA_Fanatic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:11 pm

Still no sign of any customs duty or vat bill from FedEx....which is fine by me!

Wanted to do another test as I took apart all the lines and did them back up again nice and snug with ptfe tape.

I bled off the 4.5l tank to 200bar. Hooked it all up and fired up the pump. I timed it and it took 15 minutes to get it to a hair under 300bar.

Absolutely brilliant!

I have asked the supplier to let me know the price of the main spares so will report that back soon

Just by the by - I saw on youtube yesterday - a guy with a business called the 'Shooting Party' in the UK who is trying to market these type of pumps under his own label called 'Airforce one Air Ram' or something like that.....but is selling them at £699 a pop! Not sure what he's been smoking when you can get them direct from China for about a 3rd of the cost, delivered to your door. Can't blame a guy for trying though...I guess!
''You can't fight in here....this is the war room...'' Dr Strangelove.

S400 Classic, Custom 'Geordie Stocks' walnut thumbhole stock, Hawke Airmax SF30.
AA_Fanatic

Postby TenMetrePeter » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:39 pm

So no more hydro testing the scuba tank?
S400 MPR Precision 10m.
Green Belt in Ludo
My Youtube
TenMetrePeter

Postby AA_Fanatic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:02 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:So no more hydro testing the scuba tank?

Not for a while yet. My 4.5l tank is only about a year old.

S400 Classic, Custom 'Geordie Stocks' walnut thumbhole stock, Hawke Airmax SF30.
AA_Fanatic

Postby Blackbaronfish » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:24 am

I would have thought it would be a serious offence if you had decanted air into a known vessel with no test and something bad happened.
I don’t think an insurance company would like it.

Stay safe
BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended every annual meet since we started
Blackbaronfish
Super Admin

Postby TenMetrePeter » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:10 am

I would be more worried about getting maimed or killed than a fine or jail. As a one time qualified 'elf n safety officer (yeah I know) the rule was assessed risk = likelihood x severity. If severity was death you had to make likelihood close to zero by not doing it or mitigating it. In this case by hydro testing and strict moisture control. I suspect the pump will not last 5 years though.
I'll just do the six monthly trip to the dive shop. Sorry to piss on your chips mate!
S400 MPR Precision 10m.
Green Belt in Ludo
My Youtube
TenMetrePeter

Postby AA_Fanatic » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:21 pm

Well - as mentioned, my 4.5l bottle is less than a year old. It's rated for 300Bar (not sure what the tested saftey parameters are but I am guessing it's way above 300Bar.)

I keep an eye on all the guages whilst the pump is working and I will not exceed 300Bar. There are folks I have read about who have let it run past 300Bar and the saftey blow out disc kicks in and ruptures. I have stripped out my safety disc holder etc and made sure I've got one fitted (I've been supplied with 10 spare ones.) I have a second stage moisture filter on the line with silica in between two filter elements. At the last top up, the 2nd filter element on the end stage 'felt dry', I squeezed it in a white bit of tissue paper and I could not detect any moisture or oil. Hardly scientific, I know but even 'breathing air' from a dive shop isn't 100% free of moisture and I am told that this will vary from shop to shop depending on when last they changed out their filters and how saturated they were at the time...etc...etc..

I am not providing refilling to anyone nor advocating anyone should rush out and buy one. I am an ex fitter / machinist and am used to working on mining equipment and machinery (in a Gold mine in South Africa quite some years ago), so I guess for me I am probably willing to take more of a risk than the average individual.

I also priced up a spare con rod, piston and piston rings and incl delivery, its about £50.
Agreed - I doubt it will last 5 years but with spares cheap and available, it might be viable - who knows.

My closest dive shop is a pain in the arse to get to and deal with. If this wasn't the case, then I highly doubt I would have gone ahead with this idea.

Anyone can piss on my chips - each to his own!

AA_Fanatic

Postby gdavison » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:16 pm

On the neck stamps you will see a PW or WP or CP (working pressure) rating and a PT or TP (Test Pressure) rating
AA FTP900 - Falcon T50 10-50 * 60
AA S510 Ultimate Sporter RatWorks Tuned - Hawke SW 4-16*50
AA S510 RatWorks Tuned - Hawke SW 10*42 1/2 MilDot  - ACZ Stock
AA S510 30 Year Anniversary .22 - Hawke Panoramic 4-12*40
gdavison

Previous

Return to TECHNICAL