AADF pellet sizes

no avatar
dazzler

AADF pellet sizes

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:30 pm

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, can't find a dedicated pellet section.

I have tins of these pellets, but all the tins state 4.5mm, yet I have been informed today that different sizes are available. i.e.4.51 - 4.52.

Is this so, and if it is, why isn't this marked on the tins? Or is it, and I have just bought the 4.50 size?

Thanks for your help,

A very confused Bobby.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f...... beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back.

Albert Swearengen
Deadwood
Circa 1878

Blackbaronfish

Re: AADF pellet sizes

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:43 pm

Its a generic tin for all sizes. The sizes are on a label on the bottom of the tin,

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
dazzler

Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:33 pm

Cheers BBF.

I'm a complete lunatic. Check the bottom of the tin, and there is the info.

Thanks again

Bobby
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f...... beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back.

Albert Swearengen
Deadwood
Circa 1878

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:00 pm

Just remember to put the top on first :lol:

Blackbaronfish

Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:10 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:Just remember to put the top on first :lol:

:lol: ;)
BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Sake-san

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:41 am

Just be aware that the sizes labeled (4.51 / 4.52 etc) in reality do not in any measurable way relate to the actual sizes in said tin!. Be that maximum size, minimum size, spread of sizes or proportion of a specific size!.
I am not alone in having spent time on the analysis and all whom have done so report the same findings (analysis on my part limited to AA & JSB brands but, given the process of manufacturing I cannot believe any others to be different).
The only worthwhile reference in trying to find and subsequently repurchase a good batch for your individual gun is to use the batch number in its entirety (including the year).
Have fun ;)
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun