S200 mk3 barrel movement ether L/R

no avatar
Mhopton

S200 mk3 barrel movement ether L/R

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:23 am

Hello I'm having a few problems with my S200 mk3 in 22 . For some reason there seems to be a little play in the shroud that holds the cylinder and barrel and it's starting to make it shoot off target by a good inch left or right , is it because the slot in the stock where it sits has worn a little as I've replaced the shroud with a new one and it's just the same any idea anyone
Atb mark

no avatar
Roger5

Re: S200 mk3 barrel movement ether L/R

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:20 pm

Mhopton wrote:Hello I'm having a few problems with my S200 mk3 in 22 . For some reason there seems to be a little play in the shroud that holds the cylinder and barrel and it's starting to make it shoot off target by a good inch left or right , is it because the slot in the stock where it sits has worn a little as I've replaced the shroud with a new one and it's just the same any idea anyone
Atb mark

Is the barrel loose, cylinder might not be tight, try it without the barrel band, have a look at end of moderator, maybe clipping, sounds a bit weird to me, let us know how it turns out. Rog

Raj

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:54 pm

What exactly do you mean by shroud? Take a look at this parts diagram and let us know what you replaced .... https://www.czub.cz/media/attachment/fi ... cz-200.pdf
Page 16 of 18.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Mhopton

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Thanks the replays gents
Sorry barrel band not shroud , I'm not sure but I think it's a ill fitting cylinder and definitely a I'll fitting o ring that sits in the end , ive not long had the little gun and only just got round to a little maintenance on it , ive got a very fine copper washer to see if it helps to stop the little wobble on the cylinder' as it's come loose a few times when I'm out and the barrel band I've fitted two very fine pins into it one ether side on the flat bottom and drilled matching holes into the stock to try and stop it moving out of place, looking at the hole for holding screw it's rather opened up allowing it to move slightly. Going out tonight on the rabbits so hopefully I'll have good report tomorrow, again thanks for replying atb mark

Raj

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:13 pm

I tend to disconnect the barrel band from my S200 barrels ... i.e. float the barrel. It is beefy enough to stand up on its own .... Oooh ..er !!

Chechk the crowning on the barrel to see if you have somehow managed to catch it. Or see if there sis ant crud ... bits of lead from a dirty pellet stuck. A good pull through clean wont hurt.
Actuallt, before you do that, check to see if the sound moderator has come a bit loose and is catching the pellet as it exits. You will see 'slug trails' left by the pellet scraping on the mouth of the moderator as it leaves the rifle.

And if it is a Mk.1 or Mk.2 S200, a loose barrel band will certainly interfere with the POI.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Roger5

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:45 pm

His is a Mk3 and Mk1 didn't have a barrel band .Rog

no avatar
pelletcaster

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:31 am

I cut the top of the barrel band completely. Barrel is free floating now. Accuracy increased.
Ensure that cylinder will not touch the underside of the sight base.

Make sure that the cylinder has a proper seat against the action.
I did by a hand made cutout of a plastic sheet - thickness abt. 0,5 mm.
Your copper washer may be fine.

Hope this helps.
Live is a journey - not a destination.
-----------------------------------------
AA TX200 HC / LGU Master / LGV-CU / HW35 / HW50s (1974) / HW50S (2015) / HW90 / DIANA 34 T01
DS MK4iS-S / SPA P-12 / CZ200S-Green

no avatar
Mhopton

Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:08 pm

Well after trying out my method the other night which failed I decided to strip it down again firstly I took the moderator off and had a look into it and showing very clearly with help from a torchlight it was a Oring on the central ring inside that sits centre to the baffling .i took out the baffles then the centre ring and it had nothing but little bits of rubber inside the two groves so replaced them and refitted then tried again with it bang on once again but I'm going too try the floating barrel so thanks everyone very very much' mark