Air-gun Licencing now for England.

Re: Air-gun Licencing now for England.

Postby dazzler » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:20 pm

Out of interest, which radio station?

If it's radio 4 or 5,maybe something in it for us to worry about. If it's talkSport, relax. They talkShite 24 hours a day. :lol:

ATB

Bobby
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f...... beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back.

Albert Swearengen
Deadwood
Circa 1878
dazzler

Postby Bosun » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:26 am

I've thought (like gdavison) for years that the RFD ought to be more pro-active in explaining the law and the Air Gun owners responsibilities. Even just handing the new Air Gun owner the Home Office leaflet (AIR WEAPONS: A brief guide to safety), or the BASC leaflet (AIR RIFLE SAFETY IN ENGLAND AND WALES. A code of practice) would be a good start.

Also, I have to agree with FPoole that cats should be licensed and kept under control. Why on earth should someone else's domestic cat be permitted to dump in, and dig up my flower beds?
Air Arms ProSport 0.177 Walnut, MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44
Air Arms TX200 HC 0.177 Walnut, MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44
Weihrauch HW75 Pistol
Umarex Colt M1911A1 pellet Pistol
Umarex Beretta 92FS pellet Pistol
Bosun

Postby gdavison » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:18 am

Bosun wrote:Also, I have to agree with FPoole that cats should be licensed and kept under control. Why on earth should someone else's domestic cat be permitted to dump in, and dig up my flower beds?

We have 4 Bengal cats and they live indoors .. we researched this in depth before they arrived with us and as long as they have plenty to play with chase and spend time with, they don't care if that is what they have from being a kitten. Our first cat which lived to 17 years old was an outdoor moggie and in that time he was "runover" twice, shot twice, had numerous scraps with other cats leading to various vet visits .. keeping them indoors is better for all .. them, neighbours, birds, frogs etc
AA S510 Ultimate Sporter .177 RatWorks Tuned - Hawke SW 4-16*50
AA S510 Superlight RatWorks Tuned - Hawke SW 4-16*50
AA S510 Ultimate Sporter - Hawke SW 4-16*50
AA S510 30 Year Anniversary .22 - Hawke Panoramic 4-12*40
gdavison

Previous

Return to General airgun chat