Primos shooting sticks ?

darran77

Primos shooting sticks ?

Sun May 14, 2017 8:52 pm

Although i have a couple of sets of shooting sticks, copied from David on hunters vermin,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqsQjpx87zo i am now looking at the primos sticks.
But i cant decide on which, either the bipod or tripod, like i said i use a bipod sticks for just about everything from field stalking to static
ambush from my pop up hide, but i am finding that my sticks are not adjustable enough for almost every situation, and in some occasions when taking
pigeons from above i am having to rest the gun on the sticks at the trigger cover to get the elevation i need.
So who shoots with what and if you shoot with the tripod can the third leg be removed or could it be banded to one of the others when not needed ?.
daz
IFAC member

no avatar
143granville

Re: Primos shooting sticks ?

Mon May 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Image made these off video on youtube .Image old tripod and bit of pipe £ 2.00 from thee charity shop.
can shoot from sitting to standing with it .

darran77

Mon May 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Nothing wrong with them sticks as long as they do the job for you. Had a look around and i think the tripod version would be better as i could also use as a mono and bi pod should i wish, ok they are pricy at £100+ but for me i think they would be worth it.
daz
IFAC member

darran77

Wed May 17, 2017 9:47 am

Well took the plunge and ordered the tripod (tall) from bush wear (e-bay) for £119.99,
best price i could see for a new one with free delivery.
What made my mind up was when i was out last night after a mixed bag of rabbits,rats,pigeons,corvids and squizzers, ok i only ended up with three bunnys and a woodie but the diverse methods of shooting i encountered i struggled with the sticks i have .
So the desision was made and i will try and do a review when they arive.
daz
IFAC member

Blackbaronfish

Wed May 17, 2017 12:49 pm

143granville wrote:Image made these off video on youtube .Image old tripod and bit of pipe £ 2.00 from thee charity shop.
can shoot from sitting to standing with it .

Well you cant say thats not safe shooting Paul

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

darran77

Thu May 18, 2017 10:16 pm

Wow :o that was quick, they arived this aft just as it was starting to rain. But i am impressed with the quality, you can realy feel how well they are made and even under cover on the decking i put them through their paces setting the legs out and going from seating to standing position with a pull of the trigger.
The wife wasn't too impressed , and was even less amused when i told her the price £19.99, but if it keeps me happy she could live with that.
It looks like i will have to do a review in the field as every time i go into the garden someone is either drilling ,hammering or using an air nailer, oh no thats me , plenty of diy jobs lined up she wants doing, so a get away would be better.
daz
IFAC member

Blackbaronfish

Thu May 18, 2017 10:27 pm

WHAT A BARGAIN £19.99. I think i will have a word with your wife and get her to sell them to me for £40 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Raj

Fri May 19, 2017 4:43 pm

Made this out of a broken garden parasol .... It is designed to take sitting shots when you are leaning up against a fence post or tree. Absolutely rock steady. Hinges at the bottom allow it to be folded flat and straight for the stalk or walk.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

darran77

Fri May 19, 2017 10:16 pm

Gave the sticks a session this eve despite the rain, and first impressions are good. Easy to use although the legs are a little stiffer than i would like , but a small ajustment with the spanner will cure that. Out in the field over uneven ground i was able to get a stable rest with ease and moving position was a doddle, they are very silent whilst been extended and retracted and there is no clunking when the legs are brought together.
So three hours in the field trying low to high shots as well as sitting and waiting for a bunny to show its self only for a woodie to land almost on top of it and send it back to the hedge line of safety.
All in all i am happy and would recomend anyone wanting to get a decent tripod to try one of these before hacking a clothes horse to bits, or even an old camera tripod unless thats your thing, each to their own i suppose :lol: .
daz
IFAC member