Road kill the rules/laws on knock down

darran77

Road kill the rules/laws on knock down

Thu May 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Does the rule/law still apply to picking up what you have knocked down like a deer which ran out in front of your vehicle.
The old rule was you couldn't pick it up but the next one passing could, doe this still apply ?.
daz
IFAC member

Raj

Re: Road kill the rules/laws on knock down

Thu May 11, 2017 11:52 pm

Oh dear ... :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Timmytree

Fri May 12, 2017 2:53 pm

I have a sensible way of looking at it, if I happen to clip the odd pheasant I err on the side of caution by reversing back past it and then driving up to it again.
That way, I'm the next person along! If anyone asks you could just say you're doing the right thing by taking it to a vet! :mrgreen:

Raj

Fri May 12, 2017 3:38 pm

Timmytree wrote:I have a sensible way of looking at it, if I happen to clip the odd pheasant I err on the side of caution by reversing back past it and then driving up to it again.
That way, I'm the next person along! If anyone asks you could just say you're doing the right thing by taking it to a vet! :mrgreen:

I tried that with a speed camera once ... not sure it worked. :(
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

darran77

Sun May 14, 2017 9:32 pm

Raj wrote:
Timmytree wrote:I have a sensible way of looking at it, if I happen to clip the odd pheasant I err on the side of caution by reversing back past it and then driving up to it again.

I tried that with a speed camera once ... not sure it worked. :(

Ya daft beggers.
daz
IFAC member