Adding a power adjuster to s400????

no avatar
T-Higgs

Adding a power adjuster to s400????

Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:52 am

Hi all,
I've recently picked up an older .22 S400 xtra FAC. I've installed a regulator and really like the rifle. I shoot indoor silhouette and this rifle is just too powerful for that. I've lightened the hammer to 36 grams and have considered changing the hammer spring and perhaps the firing valve spring to calm the rifle down but it would be much more useful to have a power adjuster wheel. I'm wondering if I can just change out the firing valve housing with one that it setup for a power adjuster, then buy the power adjuster bits? Would it be drilled and tapped to fit my current bolt housing?
Thanks in advance,
Higgs
Shoot long enough and you too will have a one hole group.

no avatar
T-Higgs

Re: Adding a power adjuster to s400????

Tue May 02, 2017 8:27 pm

I am amazed that no one could answer my query. I've changed out the valve spring and kept the original hammer spring for now. I'm at 19FPE, A little hot but it has become a fantastic silhouette rifle. I've also fitted a poplar MPR stock which lends itself well to offhand shooting.

I'd still like to know the answer to my original question if anyone should be so enlightened.

Regards

no avatar
neil

Tue May 02, 2017 9:43 pm

check that you have not had a PM, there`s a bit of an unwritten rule in the UK that power adjustment is never discussed openly

Blackbaronfish

Wed May 03, 2017 7:06 am

T-Higgs wrote:I am amazed that no one could answer my query. I've changed out the valve spring and kept the original hammer spring for now. I'm at 19FPE, A little hot but it has become a fantastic silhouette rifle. I've also fitted a poplar MPR stock which lends itself well to offhand shooting.

I'd still like to know the answer to my original question if anyone should be so enlightened.

Regards

I'm amazed that you have been on here for five minutes and expect members to jump through hoops.
Let's start by filling your location. Once done I will pm you some options.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
T-Higgs

Tue May 09, 2017 9:34 pm

neil wrote:check that you have not had a PM, there`s a bit of an unwritten rule in the UK that power adjustment is never discussed openly

Thank you Neil,
I've received no private messages but I believe your reply has enlightened me as to the reason. Thank you for taking the time.
Regards,

Regards[/quote]
I'm amazed that you have been on here for five minutes and expect members to jump through hoops.
Let's start by filling your location. Once done I will pm you some options.

BBF[/quote]

Please except my deepest apologies. I was unaware of any probationary period one must wait between joining this forum and seeking the knowledge of others. It seems it's the unwritten rules hardest to follow.
As for asking anyone to jump through hoops, you must be referring to someone else. I merely asked a question about an Air Arms rifle on an Air Arms owners forum.
Clearly, I have much to learn,
Higgs

Blackbaronfish

Wed May 10, 2017 6:42 am

Your location still hasn't been filled in.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started