S200 leaks help

no avatar
randl

S200 leaks help

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:56 pm

Firstly
Hello to all , this is my first post here!
I'm trying to fix a leaking S200 that belongs to a friend.
It's an early model with the 2 piece stock and has the adjuster for fine tuning the power on the right hand side of the action.
It was leaking air from the original filling valve so have fitted a new one from best fittings and that seems to have fixed that.
Then I fitted a new o ring on the bolt probe as there wasn't one and hoped everything was now ok.
However on firing I can feel and now see a small leak if I put some liquid over the adjuster screw on the right hand side of the action, is this normal ?
Thanks in advance.

PS are there different sizes of bolt probe o rings for different calibers as the 2 that came in the seal kit look the same size.

Raj

Re: S200 leaks help

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:50 pm

When you say you can see a small leak, what is the position of the bolt and the cocking cycle?
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
randl

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:36 pm

There's a small puff of air coming from the power adjuster (and I mean small , but should there be any ? ) when the gun is fired.
So there's a pellet in the barrel, the bolt is forward , pull the trigger , gun fires, small puff from adjuster , pellet exits the barrel at around 550fps (.22)

Raj

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:54 pm

There should be no air coming out of the adjuster screw. The breech and probe is very close to the adjuster screw so just make sure the puff is not coming from undersized / missing or chewed up O ring on the probe.
If it is indeed the adjuster screw that is leaking air, you can double up on the grub screws. Put a small one in one in to get the power adjustment right .... say M3 x 3mm long. Then put another one behind it to lock the first one off.
Or just give me a ring and I will talk you through it.

no avatar
randl

Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:51 am

Raj,
Thanks for that , I thought there probably shouldn't be air escaping there!
I did initially think it was coming from the breech area as the oring on the bolt was missing, but I fitted a new oring from a kit and I hope its the right size , is there one size for .177 and.22 or are they different?
The gun is an early one I believe as the adjuster has a larger hexagonal locknut around the grub screw. How is this area normally sealed then ? Is there another oring on the adjuster somewhere?
Cheers.

no avatar
Roger5

Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:13 am

randl wrote:Raj,
Thanks for that , I thought there probably shouldn't be air escaping there!
I did initially think it was coming from the breech area as the oring on the bolt was missing, but I fitted a new oring from a kit and I hope its the right size , is there one size for .177 and.22 or are they different?
The gun is an early one I believe as the adjuster has a larger hexagonal locknut around the grub screw. How is this area normally sealed then ? Is there another oring on the adjuster somewhere?
Cheers.

They are the same size CZ014 sounds like a MK1 . No there is no other o-ring. The power adjusters on other A/A pcps have a little bit of blue loctite on them this can help to stop them moving, I use loctite 248 it's still easy to undo and should stop any air passing past the threads, hope that helps, no need to send back to A/A. :lol: Rog

no avatar
randl

Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:03 am

Thanks, I didn't have any locktite so I took out the long grub screw and put a tiny bit of ptfe tape on the thread and reset the power , hey presto not leaking there anymore , however !
On recharging the cylinder I discovered it's dropped down to 50 bar from 160 over a few days, have now tested it with light oil and it's leaking at both ends between the cylinder and the brass ends.
Any tips for taking the cylinder apart appreciated, I've seen that a special collet type tool is probably going to be required and I may order one .
Thanks again.

no avatar
Roger5

Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:04 pm

XTX is the fella for the tool that you need, they can be a real sod to undo. Raj done a guide about getting the ends off, it's on the Altaros website, well worth a look. Rog. Just had a look at Altaros dosnt seem to be there any more, Raj will probably explain it to you

Raj

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:13 am

My instructions are still on the Altaros website ... just nicely hidden ;) .... You need to scroll half way down the page below -

http://www.altaros.cz/en/cz/10-regulato ... /|demoTab3

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:38 am

Good article.