the art of keeping ones mouth shut!

no avatar
wastrel

the art of keeping ones mouth shut!

Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:50 pm

guys, I`m gutted, I`ve a feeling in the pit of my stomach I`ve not felt in years, honestly.
me `n the gaffer were doing the rounds in an upmarket part of Glasgow (Bearsden) in the 2nd hand shops, I was paying for 2 items that were 99p each, gave the (very) young girl a tenner saying "they`re a pound each pet" she said "no, it must be something & 99p, everything on my till ends in 99p!" she looked a bit strained, smiling, I walked back to the box (of hard lead pencils, ideal for my job as a joiner) & returned saying "yep, your right, it`s 99p for 5" she rung up & handed me £9 & 1p, I (still smiling) slid back one pound, thought bugger the 1p I`m technically owed, saying "there you go pet", thought I was doing the right thing when the young lass burst into tears crying "I`m useless at this!" well, the boss was round that counter like greased lightning with her arms around the young girl, you think you can imagine the look she threw me, trust me, you can`t! I almost offered to leave the other 8 quid just to make up for, well, I dunno, luckily I scarpered out the door thinking, damage limitation Sie me ol` son, the boss eventually emerged furious, I`m stood like an idiot saying "I thought I was doing the right thing handing back the pound!" the boss rounded on me saying "aye, & ye were gonnay give her the 8 pounds, like THAT would solve anything-weren`t you!" she`s still not talking to me & I`ve still no idea where I went wrong (technically!) how was I to know it was the wee girl`s 1st day or umpteenth mistake on the till?
or
whatever!
I couldn`t steal a pound from anyone, or, get one over a wee lass, not & still look myself in the mirror!
:cry: :oops:
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

Blackbaronfish

Re: the art of keeping ones mouth shut!

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:47 pm

What a nasty man :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
143granville

Re: the art of keeping ones mouth shut!

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:40 pm

scared her for life .