Regulated pcp

no avatar
FPoole

Regulated pcp

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:29 am

Years ago I was watching a fellow shooter firing his FWB700 over the chrono. It had been modded to shoot at 20 ft. lbs. with 10.5 gr. pellets. I watched at least 20 shots and every one was 913 or 914 fps. He was truly bothered and I asked why. His friend said, in a serious tone, "It was doing 915 when we left California". Being a complete newbie, at the time, I assumed that must be bad. Now I realize the guy was a nut, but he did clean the course both days of the match. He is also a very nice fellow. No, this is not a joke for the joke section. Are all top competitors this serious?

no avatar
Roger5

Re: Regulated pcp

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:38 am

FPoole wrote:Years ago I was watching a fellow shooter firing his FWB700 over the chrono. It had been modded to shoot at 20 ft. lbs. with 10.5 gr. pellets. I watched at least 20 shots and every one was 913 or 914 fps. He was truly bothered and I asked why. His friend said, in a serious tone, "It was doing 915 when we left California". Being a complete newbie, at the time, I assumed that must be bad. Now I realize the guy was a nut, but he did clean the course both days of the match. He is also a very nice fellow. No, this is not a joke for the joke section. Are all top competitors this serious?

They certainly can be, this isn't only with airrifles, bloke at my club, who I must say is a pretty good shooter,just bought an Grunig&Elmiger £6grand+ and a spare barrel for it! his mrs also shoots Benchrest and at the moment is only using a cheap S510 ultimate sporter with a Weaver 36T about £500 on top of it. He goes batch testing and spends ex amount on ammo, and he gets me to look after the S510 for his mrs ie fitting Rowan bits to it and Lubing her pellets :oops: . Rog

no avatar
Lord Long

Re: Regulated pcp

Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:27 pm

FPoole wrote:Years ago I was watching a fellow shooter firing his FWB700 over the chrono. It had been modded to shoot at 20 ft. lbs. with 10.5 gr. pellets. I watched at least 20 shots and every one was 913 or 914 fps. He was truly bothered and I asked why. His friend said, in a serious tone, "It was doing 915 when we left California". Being a complete newbie, at the time, I assumed that must be bad. Now I realize the guy was a nut, but he did clean the course both days of the match. He is also a very nice fellow. No, this is not a joke for the joke section. Are all top competitors this serious?

Phew, thought you were talking about Dave Slade there for a moment...then I spotted he cleared the course two days running, so no chance it's him... :lol:
Air Arms S510 30th Anniversary .177
Air Arms S410 Carbine .177