Hello and Help!

no avatar
mart46

Hello and Help!

Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:40 pm

Hi all,
I've just bought and S410 and hoping it's not a lemon! I'm fairly capable (I recently fitted a Huma reg to my R10) but since getting the gun home today there are a few issues that I'd like some help on. I ran it over a crombo and I'm only getting 8.5 lb/ft. I topped up the air, and it's leaking from the fill valve (old style male push on). The trigger floats around and I notice there are no adjustment screws fitted. I've just realised that there is no safety button either (its amazing what you don't see when buying 2nd hand!)

1. Is it easy to adjust the power? (Is this question allowed here? Sorry mods if its not.)
2. Are there o rings that can be replaced on the filler calve?
3. Can you get the trigger adjustment screws?

Even at 8.5lb/ft it still puts pellet on pellet at 25yds. I used to have an S400 so I know how accurate these guns are. Thanks for any help. Mart

no avatar
granville

Re: Hello and Help!

Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:46 pm

Julian is the guy to talk to on bgaltd on this forum.
oh and welcome .
has your 410 got the anti tamper of not ?
they are great to work on and easy to adjust ,
worth giving hammer rail good clean and polish.
plus set of orings .
you can down load manual on there as well .
atb paul.

no avatar
mart46

Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:54 pm

Thanks Paul. I think its pre anti-tamper which should make life easier. I've emailed Julian who's suggested giving him a ring. I'm thinking a strip down, polish, polish and new rigs is a good suggestion. The other thing I noticed is the cocking/loading is not smooth at all so i think that needs looking at as well.

I'll need a need filling valve - can the new t-bar ones be fitted on the older models?

Thanks

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:00 pm

mart46 wrote:Hi all,
I've just bought and S410 and hoping it's not a lemon! I'm fairly capable (I recently fitted a Huma reg to my R10) but since getting the gun home today there are a few issues that I'd like some help on. I ran it over a crombo and I'm only getting 8.5 lb/ft. I topped up the air, and it's leaking from the fill valve (old style male push on). The trigger floats around and I notice there are no adjustment screws fitted. I've just realised that there is no safety button either (its amazing what you don't see when buying 2nd hand!)

1. Is it easy to adjust the power? (Is this question allowed here? Sorry mods if its not.)yes simple if there is no anti tamper fitted even if it is,its not hard too remove
2. Are there o rings that can be replaced on the filler calve?yes send julian a pm for the o rings
3. Can you get the trigger adjustment screws? the trigger is very floppy on the s410 anyway...also there is no safety on the early s410`s there was a safety button built into the trigger on the later s410`s but it was crap anyway and is better of without it.

Even at 8.5lb/ft it still puts pellet on pellet at 25yds. I used to have an S400 so I know how accurate these guns are. Thanks for any help. Mart
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:04 pm

mart46 wrote:Thanks Paul. I think its pre anti-tamper which should make life easier. I've emailed Julian who's suggested giving him a ring. I'm thinking a strip down, polish, polish and new rigs is a good suggestion. The other thing I noticed is the cocking/loading is not smooth at all so i think that needs looking at as well.

I'll need a need filling valve - can the new t-bar ones be fitted on the older models? yep just make sure the cylinder is empty unscrew and replace with the new one....if julian cant help with the new filler check out "best fittings"

Thanks
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
mart46

Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:22 pm

All bits ordered from Julian and should be up and running by the weekend. Next thing is a new .22 mag. Who has the best prices? I've seen them for £30.

no avatar
mart46

Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:34 pm

Well, what a difference a week makes. Last Saturday I thought I'd wasted my money on an old S410 - low pressure and air leaks. I was a bit miffed that the "perfect gun" was not as advertised (Hmm!!). Anyway I'd like to thank Julian for all his help including a few calls to get advice on a few issues that came up. I spent £27 on a new fill valve, springs and seals and I now have a lovey 410, running at 11.5ft/lb. I bought a new Hawke Vantage 3-9x40 AO IR and I'm impressed at the clarity of this scope. The gun is shooting 1 hole groups at 20yds, the length of my garden so all in all, I'm very happy.

no avatar
wastrel

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:14 pm

well done & welcome along mate.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar