TX200HC silencer adaptor

no avatar
Pete236

TX200HC silencer adaptor

Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:48 pm

Evening all.
So, I bought a TX200HC .177! My 1st springer... I've got a lot to learn!

I do a lot of hunting and I rather like the feel of a silencer on a barrel, so I will be fitting one, I just haven't decided which one yet!

I have access to a lathe and 1/2" UNF die and I would rather like to make my own adaptor. What I'm curious a out is the diameter of the hole through the middle.
Please, if a member has a thread adaptor for a .177 HC, please could you measure the I/D of the hole and let me know?
Many thanks,
Pete.

no avatar
Bezzer

Re: TX200HC silencer adaptor

Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Not trying to teach granny to suck eggs but I take it the die is just to clean up a lathe cut thread, not to start and cut the whole thread? It's the only way to ensure the thread is square and true to the adaptor/rifle bore

no avatar
Pete236

Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:20 pm

Bezzer wrote:Not trying to teach granny to suck eggs but I take it the die is just to clean up a lathe cut thread, not to start and cut the whole thread? It's the only way to ensure the thread is square and true to the adaptor/rifle bore

Unfortunately the screw cutting on our lathe is non functional, and i don't know how to do it properly either! I tend to machine by eye, vernier and micrometer. But I will mount the die on the tail stock to ensure the thread starts and continues square.
I've plenty of good quality ally bar to play with so I can afford a few mistakes.

no avatar
Pete236

Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:15 pm

After planning my approach, looking online and comparing my lunch hours vs buying one... it should arrive in the post this week. I just want to get out and shoot!