Idiots and fog

Timmytree

Idiots and fog

Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:15 pm

A 20 car pile up on the A40 today, sadly with 1 fatality. We had to detour to get around it. I was incensed to see the number of total planks who were driving too fast, too close and in many cases with no lights on. Visibility in places was down to 25 yards yet they still ploughed on regardless.
I despair of these people.

Blackbaronfish

Re: Idiots and fog

Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:23 pm

On the way to my father in law there were many drivers racing to the island with the lights clearly on red. It's -3 and foggy in places :o
Absolute idiots

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
granville

Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:37 pm

first thing I was told is if you cannot see slow down .
just madness to drive like that , just fast way to
the undertaker.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:58 pm

sadly its the sensible ones who slow down and get hit and killed by the dicks driving too fast.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Brooksy

Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:10 pm

Yet again not enough police, respect for fellow road users, humans and sensible, law abiding citizens.
I for one would pay a penny or two in the pound in extra income tax to police the country properly and get these morons off the streets.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

Raj

Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:14 pm

Timmy, to paraphrase the gist of the Darwinian Theory of Natural Selection ....

1. More individuals are produced each generation than can survive.
2. Phenotypic variation exists among individuals and the variation is heritable.
3. Those individuals with heritable traits better suited to the environment will survive........ i.e. Those who don't switch their fog lights on and slow down when they cant see will die :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
gary martin

Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:19 am

all too common Tim. inside their little box protected by air bags, seat belts ABS etc they feel safe. maybe the manufacturers should put a big spike in the center of the wheel, facing the driver.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:01 pm

gary martin wrote:all too common Tim. inside their little box protected by air bags, seat belts ABS etc they feel safe. maybe the manufacturers should put a big spike in the center of the wheel, facing the driver.

My first car 1965 Viva had one of those . Solid steering column.

no avatar
poguemahone

Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:03 pm

gary martin wrote:all too common Tim. inside their little box protected by air bags, seat belts ABS etc they feel safe. maybe the manufacturers should put a big spike in the center of the wheel, facing the driver.

good POINT gary ;)

no avatar
wastrel

Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:59 pm

Timmytree wrote:A 20 car pile up on the A40 today, sadly with 1 fatality. We had to detour to get around it. I was incensed to see the number of total planks who were driving too fast, too close and in many cases with no lights on. Visibility in places was down to 25 yards yet they still ploughed on regardless.
I despair of these people.

I remember driving home from london, we scooshed it up the road in no time, until around carlysle, then, into the worst rain I've ever seen, turned out S/W & central scotland had received 2 months worth of rain in 2hrs, as I sat behind about a dozen lorries in the inside lane, 20 mph tops, wipers on full pelt & driving through floods around a foot deep in places, like you TT, I despaired at the utter morons flying past us doing 50, 60 or more, I could (almost) wish a accident on these clowns if it weren't for the thought of their passengers & other drivers they may take with them! :evil:
I remember thinking do these idiots (in 4x4s mostly) not understand aquaplaning? arrogant, selfish, stupid.
Sorry, but I really was livid that day!
It`s coming back to me now, we thought we were gonna make it home from London in around 7 1/2hrs, for daytime driving, at normal motorway speeds we couldn`t believe our luck, que rain, 11hrs it took us to get home that day!
Last edited by wastrel on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member