Parakeets

no avatar
Roger5

Parakeets

Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:21 pm

There seem to be rather large numbers of Parakeets where I shoot, I have shot a few, would be interested in other AAOC members thoughts on shooting them, I know that they are on general licence, I have a lot of birds here that are hole nesters, and I know the Parakeets push them out given the opportunity, any thoughts welcome. Rog

gdavison

Re: Parakeets

Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:14 pm

AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

Timmytree

Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:33 pm

Invasive species, kill as many as you can, as often as you can by whatever means you can.
Any unwanted and unwelcome immigrant will damage the native flora and fauna, often irrevocably as witnessed by grey squirrels and signal crayfish.
I think the Government should set up a bonus payment scheme for every one shot!

no avatar
Roger5

Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:39 pm

Timmytree wrote:Invasive species, kill as many as you can, as often as you can by whatever means you can.
Any unwanted and unwelcome immigrant will damage the native flora and fauna, often irrevocably as witnessed by grey squirrels and signal crayfish.
I think the Government should set up a bonus payment scheme for every one shot!

I like the idea of a bonus payment scheme, it would maybe help with my pension, I had three today. Rog

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:37 pm

We don't get them here but if we did I would shoot them without hesitation.As said they are an invasive species so there should never be any restrictions on them.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Raj

Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:47 pm

For goodness sake !!! The birds are of Indian origin - I know the feckers !!!.
If you do nothing about them right now, soon they will be everywhere !!! First in your corner shops, then your Civil Service ... then NHS ... airports ... banks ... legal establishments ... IT roles ... call centres ... grammar schools ... Oxford ... Cambridge ... Government ... Parliament Square ... who knows ??? Maybe even Admin on this very site :shock:

Oh, hang on ... Too late :cry: :oops: :twisted: :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:29 am

Raj wrote:For goodness sake !!! The birds are of Indian origin - I know the feckers !!!.
If you do nothing about them right now, soon they will be everywhere !!! First in your corner shops, then your Civil Service ... then NHS ... airports ... banks ... legal establishments ... IT roles ... call centres ... grammar schools ... Oxford ... Cambridge ... Government ... Parliament Square ... who knows ??? Maybe even Admin on this very site :shock:

Oh, hang on ... Too late :cry: :oops: :twisted: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Roger5

Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:29 am

Not wanting to just waste parakeets, found Mrs Beetons parrot pie, take 12 parakeets, Jesus better get out there quick. Rog :(

Raj

Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:12 pm

I like your thinking, Roger. Eating them is the only way to really scare them off our land.
Not even kidding .... http://fancytoast.blogspot.co.uk/2007/0 ... -ways.html

In the famous words of Idi Amin Dada, who neatly picked up and threw all Asians out of his country .... "I ate them before they ate me" 8-)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Outandabout

Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:38 am

what a strange coincedence this thread is. Today when out for a walk through the woods I saw 2 parakeets flying about. This is the 1st time I have ever seen them around where i live.
They will probably end up like the grey squirrels and colonate the whole country.
Kevin