Xmas cheer, a FREE premium camera for a member!

no avatar
wastrel

Xmas cheer, a FREE premium camera for a member!

Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:49 pm

righto, here go`s, I am gonna give my Ricoh CX3 to any member who pm`s me with his/her address, you can look it up online for a far better review than I can give it on here, suffice to say it is a premium compact, point & shoot, great quality camera.
now, I was gonna maybe sell it or trade it to my nearest cash converter when disaster struck yesterday!
sat on a tripod taking pictures in my garden, the tripod blew over in the strong wind, the camera now has a dent on the edge & one on the top rendering it unsellable despite the dings being negligible & not affecting the camera in any way (as far as I can tell), so what with me moving up (to a Sony RX100) it was always going, it`s just now going for nowt, to a member.
now don`t grudge me here but, I`m gonna wait until I get my sony to see if my spare batteries will fit, if they do, you`ll get the camera with the Ricoh battery it came with & the charger obviously, & the instructions booklet. the batteries look very similar so if my spares fit the Sony, hey ho, if not, you`ll get 2 spare batteries & maybe 3 if the 3rd one I bought ever shows up? maybe I`ll give you 2 & keep two? yep, that sounds better.
it would be nice if the recipient was gonna use the functions & features with a bit of photography knowledge, but, first come etc.
you can stop reading there if not interested, others may find this interesting.
I attended a photography course with it in Glasgow last Jan`, 7 of us + course teacher, sat round a table were asked to introduce ourselves & what we expected from the course & our camera, 5 gents & 1 lady all sat huge Nikons & Cannon DSLR`s on the table, some said it was a dream to own a `proper` camera, one was going on a safari, the lady had been asked to do the photography at a workmates wedding JUST because she had a DSLR (the bloke told her to stay well away from THAT job with her experience) anyhoo, I sheepishly sat my wee Ricoh on the table & said, "I just wanna take the best pictures I can with this camera, I had an SLR years ago & they`re just too big & bulky to carry with you, & too complicated to use if your not a professional, so I`d chosen the best compact I could afford!" the bloke then told the others they all should have bought MY camera! HA! tried hard not to fist pump!
if you have a basic knowledge of camera settings, this camera will reward you with cracking pictures.
one of my favourites just happens to be of the gaffer.
Last edited by wastrel on Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Xmas cheer, a FREE premium camera for a member!

Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:51 pm

Very nice gesture :D
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
hktc

Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:35 pm

nice gaffer!!
Air Arms S400 Carbine
Hawke MAP Pro 4-16x50AO
Twink MK11 Silencer

no avatar
Brooksy

Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:25 pm

Very generous gesture. Have you thought of donating to a charity shop like British Heart Foundation. That way it may do all of us some good.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
wastrel

Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:37 pm

Brooksy wrote:Very generous gesture. Have you thought of donating to a charity shop like British Heart Foundation. That way it may do all of us some good.

the dents I think would put any potential buyer off, + the Sony costing less than the Ricoh did 3/4 years ago, despite hammering it into a cocked hat in every function, gives us some idea of how technology is changing so fast these days, doesn`t make it a bad camera though.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member