Tech section ?

no avatar
chris58b

Tech section ?

Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:48 pm

I am aware that admin were hoping to get the old forum back, but how long is it likely to be. I'm missing the tech section big time. It's made worse because every time it Google what I'm looking for the search results show me that the perfect answer lies on an AAOC post that doesn't exist anymore. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
Guns had = Webley Tracker , TX 200 HC , Fenman , Rapid 7 ,Rapid 17 FT, Daystate Hunsman FTR , Ripley AR5 S , Ripley AR4 Cougar,
Gun got = AA Pro-Sport .177 (blueprinted with a tiger stripe Walnut stock), AA FTP 900.

Timmytree

Re: Tech section ?

Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:10 pm

What in particular are you looking for Chris? Individual members may be able to help out with pics and info. We're all holding back on a new tech section just in case the old one gets revived.

no avatar
chris58b

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:55 pm

Timmytree wrote:What in particular are you looking for Chris? Individual members may be able to help out with pics and info. We're all holding back on a new tech section just in case the old one gets revived.

It's various thing really. It's surprising how many questions/ ideas just browsing the tech section brings up which ultimately speeds up the learning curve. I've just finished tuning my ProSport ( see photography section for pic) and am starting to research my next rifle. I'm looking at the HFT500 and am trying to establish how much tinkering may be involved (if any) to get the best out of it. One of my concerns is the AT and what difficulties it may cause. I would happily void a warranty in favor of fully maintaining my own rifle without having to risk posting back to AA. I know it's a relatively new rifle but let's be honest not many of us will get a new rifle and just accept it like it is:-)
Guns had = Webley Tracker , TX 200 HC , Fenman , Rapid 7 ,Rapid 17 FT, Daystate Hunsman FTR , Ripley AR5 S , Ripley AR4 Cougar,
Gun got = AA Pro-Sport .177 (blueprinted with a tiger stripe Walnut stock), AA FTP 900.

sss360

Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:57 am

I really hope the old Tech Section is restored... I have so many useful posts bookmarked! :shock:

Still, whatever happens I'm grateful to the people who give up their time to maintain the forum for nothing :)
Keep the change, you filthy animal.

Air Arms S410 Carbine .177, Hawke Sport HD IR 3-9x50 AO Mildot, Weihrauch Moderator
CZ 452 .17HMR Varmint, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42, SAK Moderator
Baikal E27 O/U, 12G