aas410f carbine

no avatar
qwickdrawmagraw

aas410f carbine

Sun May 29, 2016 2:44 pm

Hey y'all ime john from Wigan new member recently baught a new aas410f carbine 22 verry good rifle however I think its abit on the weak side was wandering if anione could help I know its a sore subject but if you don't ask you dnt get many thanks john :D

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: aas410f carbine

Sun May 29, 2016 3:12 pm

Hello john

How do you know its on the weak side..have you put it over a cronograph :?:

If itsbrand new it will take a few hundred pellets too settle down and the power can rise
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Outandabout

Sun May 29, 2016 6:12 pm

Hi John, welcome to the forum.
Why do youthink it is on the weak side?. My own s410 carbine in .22 flavour does not sound very strong and obviously being a pcp has no recoil but it shooting at a little over 11ft/lb.
dont know how much experience you have had with pcps but you can not tell how powerfull they are by the sound if the gun firing.
Also if you have charged it to over 180bar i find the ft/lb ratio lower than when the gun shoots between 170 down to 100bar.
Check your pressure and try it over a chronograph thats the only way you can get an accurate power measurement. If you dont have a chronograph maybe somebody living close to you on the forum could let you try theirs or take to a dealer and get it done.
Kevin

no avatar
wastrel

Sun May 29, 2016 6:35 pm

mate there`s all kinds of wrong with your post, could you fill out your profile, there may be a member nearby who can help, have you fired a PCP before? why do you think it`s power is down? & it`s not a sore subject either, if you`re gonna use that rifle to hunt you need to know it`s not defective in any way (it happens even with new guns), there may be a member near you with a chrono or a club or shop that can help, again, fill out your profile properly & give US a chance.
Welcome along BTW
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sun May 29, 2016 6:56 pm

wastrel wrote:mate there`s all kinds of wrong with your post, could you fill out your profile, there may be a member nearby who can help, have you fired a PCP before? why do you think it`s power is down? & it`s not a sore subject either, if you`re gonna use that rifle to hunt you need to know it`s not defective in any way (it happens even with new guns), there may be a member near you with a chrono or a club or shop that can help, again, fill out your profile properly & give US a chance.
Welcome along BTW

He does say hes from wigan..
S200. .177

no avatar
GrandadG

Sun May 29, 2016 8:47 pm

Yep.....deffo from Wigan, says so on the first line. well done John :D
Wastrel :evil: hang your head in shame :o :o :o
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

no avatar
qwickdrawmagraw

Mon May 30, 2016 5:28 pm

Hey people thanks for the qwick responses n after last night I retract my statement absolutely bang on went on abit of wastland near me as I have no permission believe me I have tried out again this weekend knocking the farms there's the odd rabbit knockin about down the so thaught ide try my luck well impressed with the rifle as I have never used pcps before I am now addicted I've had springers in the past n still own one now a hw77 bit on heavy side I just used it when camping or fishing trips just for plinking the last hunting I did proper was ferreting with pursenets i was 14 n with my old fella now 22 i baught myself the rifle as a gift to me ha got the gun 5 litre dive bottle n brandnew not even used deben scope mounted lamp for 600 it was a mates he had the air rifle litrally 2 week put about three mags through it so think it was just me not being used to pcp n exspecting more bang or recoil or something ha but having spent that money n cant get permission its rather annoying but ime sure Ile get there

no avatar
Brooksy

Mon May 30, 2016 6:59 pm

Get some shooting insurance, BASA are cheap at around £20.00 a year then join a local air gun club, if you're a good geeza somebody will invite you along to their permission and then your reputation will grow. Don't go talking to landowners dressed like Rambo. Find a friend who loves and keeps horses, they hate rabbit holes. Learn some farmer speak, like 'Tory all the time' and 'The EU was ace 30 years ago' or 'JCB were tonnes better when old Joseph was alive.'

Just be polite and helpful, if you can fix a gate or fit an outside tap, offer. No farmer turns down a freebie.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon May 30, 2016 7:36 pm

I dont know about this bit of "wasteland"but without permission you can be arrested and charged with armed trespass :shock:
S200. .177

no avatar
Brooksy

Mon May 30, 2016 7:46 pm

eboswan wrote:I dont know about this bit of "wasteland"but without permission you can be arrested and charged with armed trespass :shock:

Erm, yes, correct. That waste land is probably owned by a local with a planning application in the local council leaders drinks cabinet.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.