A Sick S410 Classic :(

no avatar
Zenduri

A Sick S410 Classic :(

Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:38 pm

Evening folks!

I need some advice and some parts! I bought a second hand S410 and it looks like its in need of a service and some general TLC. It's my first PCP and whilst i love it, it has some issues After buying it i realized the previous owner has removed all the anti tamper screws. It's sporting a small leak and venting through the barrel losing about 50-70 bar over a week, which suggests to me there is a leak with the firing valve assembly. Either its sticking and remaining open at which case i can clean it in the hope it fixes it or the firing valve assembly and/or spring is knackered and its not closing properly. If anyone can shed some light on my thoughts it would be appreciated.

Also the previous owner removed the blanking plate/screw to access the transfer port screw. I've noticed when firing it's venting a small amount of air out of the screw hole, see pic below. Is this normal when there is no blanking screw and if not how can i go about fixing this? Also can i get a replacement transfer port screw as the one inside looks as if the head is a bit chewed up and can i also get a blanking hex bolt to cover the adjustment screw?

As I'm going to have to take it apart fully i might as well replace all the 0 rings too including the magazine 0 ring and a de-pinger too

Can anyone just share the thoughts on the above and also can I get a price for the full set of O rings, de-pinger plus any of the above parts (if considered needed)

Cheers

bgaltd

Re: A Sick S410 Classic :(

Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:14 am

Zenduri wrote:Evening folks!

I need some advice and some parts! I bought a second hand S410 and it looks like its in need of a service and some general TLC. It's my first PCP and whilst i love it, it has some issues After buying it i realized the previous owner has removed all the anti tamper screws. It's sporting a small leak and venting through the barrel losing about 50-70 bar over a week, which suggests to me there is a leak with the firing valve assembly. Either its sticking and remaining open at which case i can clean it in the hope it fixes it or the firing valve assembly and/or spring is knackered and its not closing properly. If anyone can shed some light on my thoughts it would be appreciated.

Also the previous owner removed the blanking plate/screw to access the transfer port screw. I've noticed when firing it's venting a small amount of air out of the screw hole, see pic below. Is this normal when there is no blanking screw and if not how can i go about fixing this? Also can i get a replacement transfer port screw as the one inside looks as if the head is a bit chewed up and can i also get a blanking hex bolt to cover the adjustment screw?

As I'm going to have to take it apart fully i might as well replace all the 0 rings too including the magazine 0 ring and a de-pinger too

Can anyone just share the thoughts on the above and also can I get a price for the full set of O rings, de-pinger plus any of the above parts (if considered needed)

Cheers

where abouts in the UK are you ? if youre in the west country pop in to see me and we can get things sorted . if on the other hand youre within 2 hours of Nuneaton and fancy coming to the AAOC meet at the end of the month i'll sort it there .

if the above isnt possible then give me a ring late afternoon / early evening and i'll go through whats needed to do it yourself :-).

no avatar
Zenduri

Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:56 am

Cheers for the reply. Im in Nottingham so not too far from Nuneaton but i dont think i could make ig to the meet as transport is s bit of an issue for me.

Ive done a fair vitt of reading on dismantling an s410 and given the anti tamper feature have been dealt with by the orevious owner im sure with some common sense i should be fine. Its the diagnosis of the problems im not too confident about and after my findings ive tried to apply some logic and above is my only real conclusion

no avatar
rhogg4696

Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:31 am

I recommend getting a seal and spring kit from bgaltd as I did myself a year or so ago.

I just followed a youtube video on how to dismantle and replace all the seals etc. Rather easy it is too.

The air leak is probably a missing o-ring between cylinder and transfer port. With age these little ones eventually get sucked in, well that is what happened with mine. Have you chrono'd your gun?

The transfer port adjusting screw is a torx type and apart from a good set of allen keys that's all you need to do the job.

If you have a problem I am near Nottingham and can help.

Rob.

no avatar
Zenduri

Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:40 am

Cheers for the offer. Ivr ran it over the chrono and after a little fiddling its putting out 11.2 with AA fields