picatinny rail on pro sport

no avatar
blobbt

picatinny rail on pro sport

Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:14 am

Hi looking to see of anybody has fitted one of these to the existing receiver top on a pro sport?

Need to remove the scope and use on other rifles, without loosing the zero.

Thanks james

no avatar
gary martin

Re: picatinny rail on pro sport

Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:24 pm

i have seen converters on the Bay auction site, also look at sportsmatch and BKL.

no avatar
blobbt

Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Thanks so far

contacted air arms for advice, no reply as yet....

just want to bring the most useable springer into the 21st century..

I will update everyone when they reply.

does anybody know why it tells you the the barrel and what I call the main frame are marked RFD only?? seems strange when I already have the rifle>

Looking in to making a polymer type stock and some other parts for it, I will post some pics when I start the process.

It seems that they only want to discuss the newer TX200 type's

keep it straight

thanks james

no avatar
RuideCastro

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:35 pm

hi, hawke has adapters to convert 11mm to ewaver/picatiny rails, I used them in my HWs ans also in a prosport that since sold.. over here they cost around 23 euro. chech with hawke. they+re really good for what you want´em.
good luck rui

no avatar
RuideCastro

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:46 pm

I´ve just sent you a message, but somehow I don´t think that it went through.
check with hawke products. I´ve bought their adapters for 11mm rails, and now all my guns have wever/picatiny rails, as you say, they´re good ´cos they (scopes) rarely loose zero when you dettache them from the action. another thing I´ve doing for years,ans so far I haven´t any complaints. I get airsoft mounts. in case of springer, in this case my own prosport, that since sold, I had ones pair of mounts on each end of the scope. considering that they attache on weavers, there won´t be much room for them to give, and above all you can , over here at least, you can by a pair for under a fiver, see "combate virtual". good luck

After saying all this, I suppose that if you´re gonna mount the scope onto another gun, you will probably have to zero it to that gun.......

no avatar
blobbt

Sat May 28, 2016 4:23 pm

Thanks for the info and sorry in the delay in getting back to you!!

I ordered converts from fleebay and a low mount type from amazon, tried both and found the converter to high for use with the QD one piece mount i had bought.
The low mounts are great and i have just finished fitting them, when i have pics if i can load them i will.
the reason for the removable mount is to protect the scope and also for the case which i want to put the rifle..

really enjoying a springer for ease of use no bottle or pump.. although weight is always a problem for standing due to injuries after a motorcycle accident.

I will jeep you posted on it's and my progress.
thanks james