Ftp900

no avatar
Topdogbob

Ftp900

Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:42 pm

The hamster on my ftp900 fell out in my hands I grabbed my gun but it hit the floor now it's has a chip in the lakker how can I fix it as I saved for two years to buy this gun I am gutted

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Ftp900

Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:05 pm

try this..

Wipe the chipped surface with a soft, damp cloth to remove particles and stickiness. Dry the area thoroughly using a soft, dry rag. Allow the bare wood to air out and further dry for about an hour before proceeding so as not to trap any remaining moisture.

Drip a good-quality clear nail polish in the chipped area until the fluid sits slightly higher than the surrounding lacquer. A pricier or top-name nail polish may hold up longer.

Allow the polish to harden or dry completely.

Sand the repaired area flush with the surrounding lacquer using a fine, 600-grit sandpaper.

Remove the dust using a soft, damp cloth and then wipe the area dry.

Sand or abrade shiny nail polish to give it a lower luster if the wood’s lacquer had a satin or low-sheen finish. Use 0000 steel wool and paste wax to make it blend with the surrounding finish.

Rub a coat of auto polish over the repaired area if the original lacquer has a higher gloss or sheen value than the nail polish. This will brighten the shine.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
air gun

Re: Ftp900

Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:07 pm

Topdogbob wrote:The hamster on my ftp900 fell out in my hands I grabbed my gun but it hit the floor now it's has a chip in the lakker how can I fix it as I saved for two years to buy this gun I am gutted

i would say sand the chip down to make it smooth. but dont go deep on the chip. sand it over a bigger space than the chip. then re lacquer
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.