S410 leak from gauge

no avatar
Adrian

S410 leak from gauge

Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi,
I'm hoping that this is just a seal problem. It appears that there are three seals associated with the gauge and the underlying casting. Can you please give me a price for these.
Also I'm losing air when I charge. Currently I have a pre T-bar connection. It looks like a straightforward and worthwhile upgrade to go to T-bar....but maybe not! Please advise.
Cheers
Adrian

bgaltd

Re: S410 leak from gauge

Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:56 pm

Adrian wrote:Hi,
I'm hoping that this is just a seal problem. It appears that there are three seals associated with the gauge and the underlying casting. Can you please give me a price for these.
Also I'm losing air when I charge. Currently I have a pre T-bar connection. It looks like a straightforward and worthwhile upgrade to go to T-bar....but maybe not! Please advise.
Cheers
Adrian

RN219-9 BS011 NBR 70 O RING - SPIGOT 70 SHORE (WAS S646) 0.44- 0.04= 0.40
S427 6 X 1 O RING 70 SHURE NITRILE 0.44- 0.04= 0.40
S536 BS008 O RING 70 SHURE 0.44 -0.04= 0.40
plus postage

where is it leaking from when you fill it ?

no avatar
Adrian

Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:04 pm

Thanks for prompt reply. Pressure reaches about 100 bar then starts to leak increasingly as pressure rises, apparently from between the connector mating parts. It will not go higher than 110 bar.

Adrian

bgaltd

Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:33 pm

Adrian wrote:Thanks for prompt reply. Pressure reaches about 100 bar then starts to leak increasingly as pressure rises, apparently from between the connector mating parts. It will not go higher than 110 bar.

Adrian

the douty seal ?

no avatar
Adrian

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:26 pm

There appears to be a seal seated in a recess in the female section. Is this a Dowty bonded seal? Sorry, I don't know diddly about the parts, but clearly I need to now I'm getting problems. If you think this is the likely culprit then I'll try changing it.
If all in stock, please send me a Paypal bill for the three seals for the gauge and a Dowty seal.
I'll phone thro' with postal address.
Many thanks for your help,
Adrian

bgaltd

Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:06 am

Adrian wrote:There appears to be a seal seated in a recess in the female section. Is this a Dowty bonded seal? Sorry, I don't know diddly about the parts, but clearly I need to now I'm getting problems. If you think this is the likely culprit then I'll try changing it.
If all in stock, please send me a Paypal bill for the three seals for the gauge and a Dowty seal.
I'll phone thro' with postal address.
Many thanks for your help,
Adrian

does it look like this ?

no avatar
Adrian

Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:30 pm

There is a Dowty seal between the two parts of the female adaptor, as in your picture. There is also another seal inside, fitted within a groove just inwards of the locking balls. This looks like a pale green 'O' ring with a white plastic backing ring, but it's hard to see clearly. It's a grime trap which can't help and I suspect that this is the seat of the problem.
The T bar version appears to be easier to keep clean and maintain, whilst with the older version this may well be a re-occurring problem. I'm inclined to convert unless there is a significant downside. Do you have the parts?
Adrian

bgaltd

Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:42 pm

Adrian wrote:There is a Dowty seal between the two parts of the female adaptor, as in your picture. There is also another seal inside, fitted within a groove just inwards of the locking balls. This looks like a pale green 'O' ring with a white plastic backing ring, but it's hard to see clearly. It's a grime trap which can't help and I suspect that this is the seat of the problem.
The T bar version appears to be easier to keep clean and maintain, whilst with the older version this may well be a re-occurring problem. I'm inclined to convert unless there is a significant downside. Do you have the parts?
Adrian

i don't have the parts inside the snap connector unfortunately but i can supply a new one , is that any good?

no avatar
Adrian

Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:45 pm

Julian,
Please give me a price including postage (mainland UK) for the pressure gauge seals you've listed above and a crinkle washer kit for the older S410 2 sear trigger.
This is my first order with you....how do you bill me? I can BACS if convenient.
Thanks
Adrian

bgaltd

Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:29 pm

pm on its way :-)