No i wouldn't want to donate
No votes
No i cant afford to donate
6%

Total votes: 16
raygun

Re: Donations

Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:34 pm

There are two things that we would need to know.

1. How much per year is it to cover the Board costs.
2. Does Julian want any contributions.

ATB
Ray.

Blackbaronfish

Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:07 pm

The question of would you be willing to contribute was just that...a question :idea: . Julian had no knowledge of me starting the thread ,as he was away at the time :mrgreen: .
He also made it clear that he will fund the site himself.

It was interesting to see that some people would have paid for the upkeep and some wouldn't, even if they could. As an owners club we certainly dont want, or have any intention of a system divide. Everybody is equal and welcome at the AAOC.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Timmytree

Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Ok, well my view is that nothing is free, if we enjoy being members and all that that entails then we should be prepared to pay something for that priviledge. If Julian is prepared to support the site on the behalf of the rest of us then we are lucky, perhaps a bit more support by using BGA more often would help?
Obviously we don't know the costs yet but I don't want to see a good friend bearing the costs of something which we all enjoy and wouldn't want to do without.
Regards
Tim

Blackbaronfish

Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:19 pm

Timmytree wrote:Ok, well my view is that nothing is free, if we enjoy being members and all that that entails then we should be prepared to pay something for that priviledge. If Julian is prepared to support the site on the behalf of the rest of us then we are lucky, perhaps a bit more support by using BGA more often would help?
Obviously we don't know the costs yet but I don't want to see a good friend bearing the costs of something which we all enjoy and wouldn't want to do without.
Regards
Tim
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Raj

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Why don't we raffle a night with Edna? I am sure we would cover the cost of a few decades of funding with just a couple of punters + the added benefit of never hearing from them again :lol:

Timmy or I could do the pimping. 8-)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
wastrel

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:42 pm

I for one don`t wanna see julian or any other member `fund` the site!
cos this is as much a social thing for me, as a shooting thing, - I`ve never posted on hunting from my permission, or my target shooting results which may be more relevant to a shooting forum for simple reasons, I`ve never had to or wanted to nor felt pressured by any member to do so!
dead quarry & papers punched I think (in my case anyway) would interest no-one,
I`ve an idea for a 177 recoiless springer vs a 22 PCP experiment/post/different pellets (my moneys on the AA Fields!)- which I think may interest the forum, other than that, I just enjoy being here most nights.
I`ll donate what I can when I can afford to, I`d hate to think anyone was out of pocket running this, I`d no idea-honestly!!
BBf, go for the `donate` option on the home pages, I reckon that`ll get the job done.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
zingpow

Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:33 am

it would be nice to see this work on the old forum, what were there some 3 or 4 thousand members...that would be tidy monthly sum...the aaoc could become a benefactor to a minority group and bring about social change then expand and become a beacon of hope to many that have no voice in government...assume the role of power brokers on the world stage and set agendas for both corporate and religious factions and in doing so help the working man fight the oppression of the devil slave masters they've had to serve since the monarchy with it's inherent need for the peasantry as the primary tax base and drone pool holds all the strings of the conservative rightwing fanatics...of course we'd have to kick some back to the church lest the pope and his cronies think the aaoc is trying to move in on their tax free living...so we'd have to get some tax attorneys and buy some politicians to get us a tax free status as a "non-profit" which would mean hiring some secretaries (young and hot) to keep it all in order on a city by city basis...where to have our annual stockholder's meeting, las vegas would be nice, Nevada still has legal prostitution and gambling and marijuana is legal right next door in Colorado...

we're going to need more money...maybe 5 pounds a month...charitable donations are tax exempt you know so give early and often...

ok ok calm down...i'll volunteer to be the cfo...why do I always have to do all the work...zp...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money