Bins

Geordie

Bins

Sat May 23, 2015 9:34 pm

Took myself off to the opticians last week to see if they could help with my worsening vision. I've a complication called Retinopathy, and in the past I've been told that glasses probably wouldnt help due to the amount of surgery I've had done to my retina :(

I went, had all the tests, ordered some reading and distance glasses which arrived t'other day. WOW! I'm blown away with the distance ones! I can see :D :D :D

When you slowly loose your vision, you dont quite realise how poor your vision is until someone sorts a prescription out for you.

Wish I'd done it years ago! :D
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

Blackbaronfish

Re: Bins

Sat May 23, 2015 9:40 pm

I now need them for close up. They are a pain though as i now cant see anything without them :lol: :lol: :lol:
Using my rifle i tend to have them balancing on my head so that i have them to hand :o

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Geordie

Sat May 23, 2015 9:50 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:I now need them for close up. They are a pain though as i now cant see anything without them :lol: :lol: :lol:
Using my rifle i tend to have them balancing on my head so that i have them to hand :o

BBF

I know what you mean Ray. I been using the chuckers from Tesco that are 3x. Once you start using em you knackered.

My optician reckons 3x are far too strong.
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat May 23, 2015 10:25 pm

Geordie wrote:
Blackbaronfish wrote:I now need them for close up. They are a pain though as i now cant see anything without them :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF

I know what you mean Ray. I been using the chuckers from Tesco that are 3x. Once you start using em you knackered.

I`m using 3x glasses from Tesco`s too :shock: fine while I`m wearing them cant see the tattoo my left testicle......I better visit specsavers soon
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Iced Tiger

Sun May 24, 2015 11:28 am

It comes to us all in the end :roll:
Found last year my arms were too short to read the ipad and the tiny writing you get on some instruction papers you get with certain far eastern gizmos.
So went to specsavers last year and had to purchase some reading Bins. Took a couple of days for me to adjust to then, but can't read without them now. Always forget them when visiting doctors/hospital with the boss, just have to look at pictures in the magazines :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Iced Tiger on Sun May 24, 2015 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
AA FTP 900 .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter R .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter XS Xtra FAC .22 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi 6-24X50
AA TX200 HC MKIII .177 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi4-16X50
AA Alfa Pistol .177 ~ Very Shiny

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sun May 24, 2015 11:33 am

eboswan wrote:
Geordie wrote:

BBF

I`m using 3x glasses from Tesco`s too :shock: fine while I`m wearing them cant see the tattoo my left testicle......I better visit specsavers soon

I must say that it is a very small tattoo :)
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Timmytree

Sun May 24, 2015 2:50 pm

I wear them all the time, couldn't even drive or walk without them!
Now on varifocals which are great until you have to look down, you lose perspective! Having a slash is great because it looks like your tackle is twice the size, for the same reason going downstairs can be dodgy. Shooting isn't a problem because my scopes have enough adjustment to cope but I do have to push my glasses up my snout and look underneath the rim.

no avatar
GrandadG

Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Timmytree wrote:I wear them all the time, couldn't even drive or walk without them!
Now on varifocals which are great until you have to look down, you lose perspective! Having a slash is great because it looks like your tackle is twice the size, for the same reason going downstairs can be dodgy. Shooting isn't a problem because my scopes have enough adjustment to cope but I do have to push my glasses up my snout and look underneath the rim.

Exactly what i found with my new varifocals Tim :lol:
Just need the wife to wear them now and again ;)
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg