fox hunting ban

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

fox hunting ban

Mon May 18, 2015 10:18 am

now that the conservatives are back in power do you think they will over turn the ban :?:

the reason I ask is I`ve just had an email asking me too sign a petition too stop the ban being over turned :roll:

I`m not a fan of fox hunting but as we all shoot/fish etc etc we best try and stick together....even though it didn't stop the ban from coming into force.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
piggy589

Re: fox hunting ban

Mon May 18, 2015 10:59 am

It's a catch22 situation for me,I don't think the hunt is either an efficient or humane method of fox control,but I always liked the sheer spectacle of the event.
A lot relating to the sight of women in jodhpurs ;) .

Blackbaronfish

Mon May 18, 2015 11:32 am

It works just right as it is. Chasing after a scent still looks the part. The fox can be controlled with a 223 ;) :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Timmytree

Mon May 18, 2015 1:39 pm

Don't forget the ban also included staghounds. Hunting was a selective way of culling deer thanks to the harbourers who knew where the deer were. It was also a way of moving the deer off agricultural and keeping the farmers happy so they didn't shoot the deer, hence we had a healthy herd. That changed with the hunting ban!

james79

Mon May 18, 2015 10:46 pm

I've always been pro hunt mainly due to the above mentioned reason of field sports sticking together but until about 10/15 years ago I will admit I had my doubts as regards to the "cleanliness" of the kill. This changed when I was on a pheasant shoot and on one of the drives the fox hounds came tearing across the drive in hot pursuit of their quarry. The end result was they cornered the fox in a small plantin and in less than 30 seconds emerged with the various limbs etc of the late fox! It wasn't a pretty sight but there was no denying it was a swift end for the fox and hence at least as humane if not more than other methods of control. The big plus is as timmytree pointed out hunting with hounds can be a bit more of a selective method of control not least because its more likely to target the less fit of the population (and hence the individuals most likely to go after easy prey such as lambs etc
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

no avatar
air gun

Mon May 18, 2015 11:16 pm

eboswan wrote:now that the conservatives are back in power do you think they will over turn the ban :?:

the reason I ask is I`ve just had an email asking me too sign a petition too stop the ban being over turned :roll:

I`m not a fan of fox hunting but as we all shoot/fish etc etc we best try and stick together....even though it didn't stop the ban from coming into force.
the only time any law will ever be changed is when it suits the government. the laws in this country will only favour the rich. we live in the free world. do we oopps
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
air gun

Mon May 18, 2015 11:58 pm

im sorry to ask this. but if some of my posts are deleated from this thread I would rarther all of my posts dealeted from here. if I cant give my honest opinion I don't feel I should comment at all. sorry if this offends any one.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Tue May 19, 2015 12:04 am

air gun wrote:im sorry to ask this. but if some of my posts are deleated from this thread I would rarther all of my posts dealeted from here. if I cant give my honest opinion I don't feel I should comment at all. sorry if this offends any one.

sorry mate wastrel asked for his post too be removed...as you quoted his post I could not remove wastrels post without yours also being removed.
it had nothing too do with your opinion.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
air gun

Tue May 19, 2015 12:06 am

eboswan wrote:
air gun wrote:im sorry to ask this. but if some of my posts are deleated from this thread I would rarther all of my posts dealeted from here. if I cant give my honest opinion I don't feel I should comment at all. sorry if this offends any one.

sorry mate wastrel asked for his post too be removed...as you quoted his post I could not remove wastrels post without yours also being removed.
it had nothing too do with your opinion.

ok. no probs buddy thanks for replying to me.

no avatar
granville

Thu May 21, 2015 9:34 pm

after hunting fox,mink,and hares with hounds .plus see loads of anti hunt they always said when they get the sport banned .
but never said the would go and catch the mink they let go .
but now i see foxes snared , poisoned ,trapped and shot to reduce the numbers .
but they need to stop those who take the mick and come here claim off the state
and leave us to enjoy our hunting . :x