oldest daughter visited london...

no avatar
zingpow

oldest daughter visited london...

Wed May 13, 2015 10:20 pm

she and her husband and my only grandchild (just turned one) rented a condo in paris for a month and visited London and Barcelona while they were there as they had college friends in both places...loved london and commented a great deal about how everyone gave them "the nod" with their son in tow...warm and wonderful were the words they used to describe their experience...no doubt...they also rented an auto and roamed the countryside but I know not where...zp...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

Blackbaronfish

Re: oldest daughter visited london...

Thu May 14, 2015 6:17 am

I love London myself as there are so much going on . They certainly pack them tight

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Aitch

Thu May 14, 2015 6:39 am

Glad they enjoyed the visit, what did they think of the standard of our driving over here?. I have driven in the states a few times where everyone seems to observe the speed limit, they indicate when turning, give way to allow you to change lanes on five lane motorways, it's an absolute pleasure to drive there, but here it's every man for himself! :)
Regards
Aitch

Raj

Thu May 14, 2015 6:48 am

Hahahaha ..... You haven't seen mad driving till you have driven in a city in Italy :twisted:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Blackbaronfish

Thu May 14, 2015 8:15 am

Raj wrote:Hahahaha ..... You haven't seen mad driving till you have driven in a city in Italy :twisted:

Egypt is a nightmare...pick a space in any lane and go for it :oops:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Raj

Thu May 14, 2015 5:24 pm

Oh .... and I clean forgot about the 25 years of my life in Bombay :lol: I started driving there at the age of 13 ... 8-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqOLehUdqkU
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Aitch

Fri May 15, 2015 7:30 am

On one of the many trips to India I witnessed a very young girl get knocked down and killed crossing a 6 lane road with her mother.
Later I remarked on the terrible driving standards in New Dheli to the owner of the factory I was visiting, he just smiled and said he would show me where the locals take their tests.
We arrived at a single fenced in tennis court complete with full markings and a net, in the side of the wire netting was the entrance to the court which had a small pay booth with a queue of around twenty people waiting to enter, between the booth and the net post was parked a black and yellow Morris Oxford type car.
Drivers paid their fees, then got into the car and proceeded to drive round the inside of the court, doing one full circuit back to the booth where they had their documents stamped and Hey Presto they had passed their test.
Whilst this was over twenty years ago and may not still be same, I believe at the time they could travel to the UK and for a time drive on their Indian licence :shock:

no avatar
zingpow

Fri May 15, 2015 8:58 am

over here folks drive in the passing lane at less than the posted speed and it drives me crazy...I hate to say it but it started with indian women a dozen year or so ago and now E-V-E-R-O-N-E (except me) does it...when fred flintstone gave me my driving test back in the day you could only use the left lane for passing another vehicle, it was on the written exam...now?...folks drive over there like they own the road and are totally oblivious to your madly waving fingers...

don't even get me started on lines of truckers that play what i call "hopscotch"...it takes three to five (or more) close together and the rear one pulls out and passes doing 1/2 mile an hour faster than the trucks he's passing...as he's passing the first truck, that truck will pull out and start passing and so on...truck driving must be boring and they have to create entertainment for themselves...then there's the fun game where they pretend not to see me on my motorcycle and pull in to the lane I'm occupying, always great to have a stress test while you're riding...I'm sure it sharpens my reflexes...zing of the road...

I have a pic of my grandson getting his first "fish and chips" with a Guinness...I find it i'll post it...zp...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money