excited but nervous for my boy

roadrunner

excited but nervous for my boy

Sat May 02, 2015 6:36 pm

My lad is 16 yrs old and has his CBT bike training tommorow, iam a bit worried but been a biker i carnt say no to him,he's sensible though and i know he will be ok its its just motorists dont always see us bikers,iam taking him for his cbt so he's got a bit of moral support ,been and got him some kit today,i'll be happy when he's had his training then i can take him out and teach him how to stay safe

Nervous but happy for him

no avatar
air gun

Re: excited but nervous for my boy

Sat May 02, 2015 6:46 pm

I know how you feel mate. my lad was talking about getting a bike. but I managed to talk him out of it.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat May 02, 2015 7:26 pm

its not for me but best wishes too him.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

roadrunner

Sat May 02, 2015 7:31 pm

I would have preferred him to wait and get a car but ive always had a bike so its a bit hyproctritical to deny him one

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat May 02, 2015 7:36 pm

roadrunner wrote:I would have preferred him to wait and get a car but ive always had a bike so its a bit hyproctritical to deny him one

if you denied him the opportunity he would only want it more once he gets wet through a few times a car might look a better choice.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

roadrunner

Sat May 02, 2015 7:57 pm

He's seen me walk in drenched enough times, no i think its a right passage for him its something he has to do and iam just wittling a bit,he's my lad and my mate and its a bit tough sometimes watching him grow up,whats next oh no he might move out

no avatar
GrandadG

Sat May 02, 2015 8:05 pm

roadrunner wrote:He's seen me walk in drenched enough times, no i think its a right passage for him its something he has to do and iam just wittling a bit,he's my lad and my mate and its a bit tough sometimes watching him grow up,whats next oh no he might move out

with luck, he'll find out what back seats are for, and swiftly change to wanting a car :D
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

raygun

Sat May 02, 2015 8:05 pm

Good luck to him.

Your starting him the right way and I'm sure he'll pay you back by being a responsible Biker.

ATB
Ray.

Blackbaronfish

Sat May 02, 2015 8:38 pm

Good luck to your son

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
piggy589

Sun May 03, 2015 5:06 pm

This puts me in mind of how my old fella must have felt back in 1979,no CBT, just reach the age of seventeen and the world's your oyster as far as a motorcycle is concerned.

I jumped of a push bike and on to a Japanese 250 with an L plate on the back,the manufacturer's claim at time was this two stroke triple is capable of the thick end of a ton with an exhaust note to match.

To say there were a few near misses would be an understatement,despite this I managed to gain a full licence six months later,the examiner on foot unlike the present pursuit test.

The two stroke was quickly replaced by a Triumph triple,on first sight my parents gasped at this gleaming monster, then resigned themselves.

The present system makes me think a youngster must be extremely keen to want a two wheeler,having said that it appears road risk insurance for a car is prohibitively expensive,my nephew being quoted two thousand for a 1.2 Corsa at seventeen.

Perhaps they should bring down the age at which you can drive a car to sixteen?.