Dead cat

Blackbaronfish

Dead cat

Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:29 am

The car in front of me last night hit a cat and drove off leaving it with head injuries. I stopped immediately and saw the poor thing thrashing about. There was nothing I could do, and it quite quickly slipped away. How could someone not stop :( . It was a long haired ginger with no collar on. I placed it at the side of the road ready for someone to find it.

What more could I have done

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Dead cat

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:36 am

Blackbaronfish wrote:The car in front of me last night hit a cat and drove off leaving it with head injuries. I stopped immediately and saw the poor thing thrashing about. There was nothing I could do, and it quite quickly slipped away. How could someone not stop :( . It was a long haired ginger with no collar on. I placed it at the side of the road ready for someone to find it.

What more could I have done

BBF

nothing.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
mrb911no2

Re: Dead cat

Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:40 am

You did the right thing in moving it to the side of the road. With no collar there wasn't much else you could do. I'm not a cat lover but showing a little respect is definitely the decent thing to do.

The same thing happened to my Mother in Law's cat a few weeks ago. Someone knocked him over and left him in the middle of the road. One of the neighbours brought him in. He was still warm and floppy, it must have only just happened. Both the mother in Law and my kids were devastated.

It really made my youngest think about death, to the point that he isn't keen on coming out shooting rabbits with me at the moment.