Royal Mail

Timmytree

Royal Mail

Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:09 pm

Just who do they employ nowadays?
I got a letter yesterday to a TA6 address, mine is TA7. Wrong name, wrong street name, wrong village name. The only similarity is the other person lives at number 8 but 9 miles away! To make it worse there is no return address. It looks official so in all good conscience I'm going to deliver it myself tomorrow afternoon and make sure it gets to the right place just in case it's important.
Absolutely pathetic service, not the first time I've had issues with Royal Fail, last month they "lost" a cheque for £1000 which only had to go 20 miles.
That involved me having to go into the bank and cancel a cheque and issue a replacement, another hour of my time wasted because of a substandard service. Surely if we post stuff with RM we enter into a contract for their service? If they fail or cock up like this surely we should be able to claim damages?
It's got to the point where I won't be using the postal service anymore. Too late, too unreliable and too expensive for a substandard service.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Re: Royal Mail

Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:50 pm

I got a letter with a post code for a town 200 miles away
Only the house number and first part of street name matched. I kindly posted it back in the pillar box down the road assuming the automated post code reading machine would send it up North where it belonged.
It came back to my house next day!

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:31 am

Our old postman who we had for about six years was very good he would arrive between nine and nine thirty everyday.
Now our new postman who we have had for about ten months will deliver mail anytime between ten and one thirty, you can hear him arriving because he is always on his mobile and I mean always.
Maybe if he spent less time chatting he would get around a little faster.
Ive lost count of the times I have asked him too close the gate behind him, he still leaves it wide open.
I think I will get a dog just so he can bite the bugger :twisted:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:32 am

Unfortunately Royal Mail seem to be the only company that will carry airguns. It can be a hassle in the post office explaining but unlike Hermes DPD TNT etc they cannot refuse them provided they are legal.

darran77

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:41 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:Unfortunately Royal Mail seem to be the only company that will carry airguns. It can be a hassle in the post office explaining but unlike Hermes DPD TNT etc they cannot refuse them provided they are legal.

I will second that, sent a PCP pistol off last week on 48 hour, should have waited until today to send it as its at the "hub".
They can be a bit slow , or worse sometimes , but i am quite happy with the job they do, although as TT says they do need to be responsible for their actions or lack of.
We had a prob with our address as there is a street the same 5 miles away and we often get their mail and visa versa, hell we once had a tumble dryer delivered to the other address and the owner( bet she thought it was a freebee ) accepted it, when i rang the delivery firm the driver said "i have delivered it , up your drive past the scuby" i stopped him there as we don't have a drive, let alone a scuby!. He had to go back out and re collect it and deliver it to us, luckily it was unopened or it was off back.
daz
IFAC member

no avatar
FPoole

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:21 am

It's not that good here either. Years ago my Aunt saw our postman at a local flea market. She jokingly said "Now I know why the mails late on Wednesdays" He said" Why do you care? All you get are bills".