an addition to the garage...

no avatar
zingpow

an addition to the garage...

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:35 pm

found a guy that needed some quick cash and purchased (freeking stole) a one owner 07 yamaha vstar 1300 tourer w/16,300 miles on it, new tires and not a scratch anywhere...wife retired and we spent alot of evenings last summer watching each other's nerves twitch...keeping the cbr1000rr, can not live without it...

the vstar will stay so long as we both enjoy the experience...lots of nice two lane byways to 55-70mph on, many of which i ride on the cbr at MUCH higher speeds...we'll see...

new grandson 8 days ago, ian hill...

new granddaughter 10 weeks ago, amilia rae...

hairy cell leukemia under control, hoping for a nice 5 year run with no more chemo...

stomach full of high grade dysplasia which is unnerving but seemingly under control...cryotherapy every 2 months..

hope you're all doing well...zp...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

Raj

Re: an addition to the garage...

Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:48 pm

Good to see you still kicking it good, Tim. Take care, mate. 8-) And congratulations on the additions to the garage and the family!
Missed your usual sign-off on the last post so how do we know it is not an impostor ??? :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Blackbaronfish

Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:47 pm

I thought I had replied to this :o . Great to see your doing just dandy.
You must be really pleased with that steal :mrgreen: .
Let’s hope you get to travel many miles on the open road.

All the very best
BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
zingpow

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Raj wrote:Good to see you still kicking it good, Tim. Take care, mate. 8-) And congratulations on the additions to the garage and the family!
Missed your usual sign-off on the last post so how do we know it is not an impostor ??? :lol:

to you younger guys, everything you've ever heard about becoming a grandparent is all that and more...my oldest grandchild is 3.5 years old and he is without a doubt the smartest child on earth, (don't listen to other grandparents' boasts)...zing of the wild frontier...

ps...all my grandchildren are healthy...both my daughters are doing fine...neither of their husbands are worthy...zing in law...

no avatar
zingpow

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:18 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:I thought I had replied to this :o . Great to see your doing just dandy.
You must be really pleased with that steal :mrgreen: .
Let’s hope you get to travel many miles on the open road.

All the very best
BBF

the yamaha is a cushion for the wife and i...i've been home pretty much since the surgeries some 10 years ago and know how to handle "spare time"...the wife is not...we travel to Minnesota about every 6 weeks or so and to midland mi about every 2-3 weeks...i may ride the yamaha out to minn. but only on an overnight, it's 9 hours at 80mph in the accord with one stop for gas and a quick whizz...i would not ride the bike that fast and not ride through chicago on it but would travel up through the u.p. and sleep overnight somewhere in northern wisconsin...

i still have the fireblade and will continue to burn up the byways and twisties here abouts...they just laid down 8 inches of new blacktop on about 15 miles of one of my favorite haunts and it is a dream...

my health is tenuous...the leukemia came at me out of nowhere...it's very rare, only 600 people A YEAR get this strain in america...treatment is highly successful but both it and the f.a.p. i have will be concerns for the rest of my life...i feel fortunate to be living in a time when medical advances seem to be keeping up with my maladies...no cure for either, but both manageable with regular monitoring and maintenance...zing cootie...