kindness to a stranger repaid.

Timmytree

kindness to a stranger repaid.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:05 pm

On thursday last week I was on my way home from Glastonbury to my place, just before I reached home there was a Vectra half on the road, half on the verge, bonnet up and a chap fiddling about in the guts of the thing. I got home, unloaded the car and about 20 minutes later left again to nip over to my parents, the Vectra was still there, this time with a woman and child stood by the car. Instead of turning left I turned right and then U turned to come up behind the Vectra to see if I could help. I'm no mechanic but the main problem was 1st, the little girl needed the toilet and 2nd, the family were on their way to Musgrove Park hospital in Taunton. Took mum and daughter to my place for a loo stop and since they were within an hour of the appointment and still about 17 miles away I offered to drive them down. They refused, I insisted and took them down, dropped them at MPH, gave them my mobile number and told them to call me when they were finished. 2 hours later they called and I picked them up and took them back home to Street. The dad, Mike, and I then went back for the Vectra and I towed it home for them to get sorted, Had a cup of tea with them, the little girl, Alice, is an absolute poppet, then said goodbyes and left. This evening I came back from shooting to find a bottle of wine on the doorstep and a card through the door. A lovely "thank you" card from the family but best of all an invitation to Alices birthday party on thursday afternoon. Guess what? I'm looking forward to it! :mrgreen:

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: kindness to a stranger repaid.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:35 pm

Top man :D not many left.
I was parked up in ASDA car park a few years back and the car opposite had broken down and the owners dad had turned up in a discovery to tow his car away but the cheapie tow rope snapped so I leant them mine with my address to drop it back when they had finished with it.
The following day the father knocked at the door with the rope and tried to give me twenty quid I refused and after a handshake he left.
This is the bit that surprised me, the following morning I woke up from bed and there was a twenty quid note pushed through the letter box :) the guy came back after dark to post it through :)
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
wastrel

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:18 pm

Nice to be nice TT.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

gdavison

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:05 pm

top story TY for sharing
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

no avatar
FPoole

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:01 am

Strangers are more often kinder than friends and family. I loaned out my 32" extension ladder back before hurricane Irma hit. I've called several times and sent a text to no avail. Last time I tried to get the ladder back, my "friend" texted me the directions to where the ladder was left. I'm going to hold out until they bring it back. Only seems right that I shouldn't have to go retrieve my ladder.

bgaltd

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:53 am

do you know what Tim , none of what you've written surprises me at at all .

you are one of the kindest , most generous person i know .

keep up the good work :-) :-) .

Raj

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:22 pm

What goes around, comes around ... :D
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Timmytree

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:06 pm

The party was good! 11 kids and various parents and grandparents, all younger than me!
Feasted on chicken nuggets, chips, sarnies, crisps and associated crap but the kids were great. Girlies did make up type stuff, the boys went outside with an assortment of nerf guns and had fun in the garden. Had a great afternoon!

Blackbaronfish

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:09 am

I hope you was on your best behaviour and played nicely.
I’m sure you had them kids well buzzing :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:49 pm

Did you have a good party bag when you left :)
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177