Pres. Trump has dared to call out the gods of sport

no avatar
FPoole

Pres. Trump has dared to call out the gods of sport

Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:39 am

I have to agree with the President on this one. Taking a knee when the anthem is played should not be tolerated. Commissioner of the NFL says Trump doesn't respect the NFL. Players that take a knee don't respect our country. I wish anyone who is offended by the said players would get up and walk out, or better yet, don't show up in the first place. Vote with your feet. I will never watch another NFL/MLB/NBA game as long as I live.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Re: Pres. Trump has dared to call out the gods of sport

Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:48 am

Flags can be very emotive and I know how much people in USA love their flag and start school every day with the Pledge.

Many people here kow-tow and wave a flag thats blue with nine stars on. I would wipe my backside on it if I had one.

I wouldnt stand for "Ode to joy" either.

no avatar
FPoole

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:26 pm

Hopefully you feel differently about the Union Jack. I just can't stand spoiled brats, even if they are multi millionaire sports stars. They all think they've earned their way, when in reality, they were gifted their talent by the genetic makeup they received. No amount of hard work would make me a NFL player, I'm just not big and fast enough. If not for their huge contracts, they would be filling up our prisons. Highly payed thugs.

no avatar
gary martin

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:01 pm

understand your point of view. I on the other hand I wish politics and sport were completely separate. 1980 Olympic Games were held in Moscow Russia. After The former soviet Union invasion of Afganistan, USA boycotted the Games on political grounds. The USA Atheletes who put four years + training for that one moment in time were denied there chance to make history. In my view sport is sport, not a tool to be used. You asked about the Union Flag, it's just a symbol in my view. Others may have a differing view and they are entitled to it.

Timmytree

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:21 pm

FPoole wrote:Hopefully you feel differently about the Union Jack. I just can't stand spoiled brats, even if they are multi millionaire sports stars. They all think they've earned their way, when in reality, they were gifted their talent by the genetic makeup they received. No amount of hard work would make me a NFL player, I'm just not big and fast enough. If not for their huge contracts, they would be filling up our prisons. Highly payed thugs.

Similar views to mine Mr Poole. There is an enquiry in the UK about why a certain ethnic minority fills a much higher percentage of the prison population than any other background. The obvious answer is clear but not allowed to be voiced.
I am getting a new neighbour next month, a white South African lady who has given up after 60 years and is moving to the UK with her entire family right down to cousins and nephews, nieces and grandchildren. The reason? Reverse racism. In her view the white population is finished because the available jobs have to be filled first by black men, then black women, then white women and finally white men. Not the best person for the job, just the right colour.
Add to that the safety aspect, she lived in a gated compound with armed guards, its not safe to walk anywhere. She has been carjacked twice at gunpoint and understandably doesn't want to go through that again.
I understand people having an issue with Trump, he is a first class, prime example of a president that shouldn't have been elected but should be assassinated. That doesn't excuse the idiots who decide to take a knee. They should be showing solidarity, instead they are isolating themselves and their ethnic brothers and sisters, making things worse. The only way to beat Trump is for the whole country to unite, not introduce more division based on race, that way, Trump wins.