Irma

no avatar
FPoole

Irma

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:05 am

Looks like the guys in Florida are in for a bit of bad weather. Wait a minute, I am one of those guys. The latest track looks promising for my side of the state, but it could change at a moments notice.

Blackbaronfish

Re: Irma

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:12 am

I hope it doesn't get messy. Fingers crossed for you guys :o

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:31 am

Good luck.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
143granville

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:35 pm

as the hurricane said to the palm tree
hold on to your nuts this is no ordinary blow through .

Raj

Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:12 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
FPoole

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:53 pm

Well, it's a few hours before the eye passes through my area. As an update, of sorts, there has been a slight turn just to the east of a head on for my area. This is a good thing. They expect power to be out for a good while, possibly weeks, so I'll let you all know how we fared when I'm able.

no avatar
Mason

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:08 pm

I was wondering how you were doing.
I see that it has been downgraded to a force two, still a powerful wind that can do a lot of damage. There seem to be incredibly low tides too, which may mean an equally high storm surge. I am guessing you must be near Tampa or St Petersburg?

Stay safe.
All the best
Mason

no avatar
FPoole

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:15 am

We just had the power come back on, so I'm trying to post this before it goes out again. The eye wall pretty much went right over my house, but we were not dealt any real damage. My yard is totally full of debris from all the oak trees and the power was out for 26 hours. There was a storm with no name recently as well as Matthew that had taken most of the weak trees and this played a big part in the power being restored so soon. We were out for at least 5 days when Matthew hit and it was a lesser storm. We have well water, so I've been without running water. The water is the biggest thing you will miss, but I had prefilled around 75 gallons of containers so I could at least flush the toilets. Thanks for the well wishes and no TX200's were harmed.

Blackbaronfish

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:25 am

A good dodge by the sound of it. It's still a big order having to sort things out, but it sounds like your well used to it.
Having no electric must be a ball buster. I could cope but my kids would make a massive fuss :o .
"What no electric for the straitners " :shock:
I hope things return to the norm soon

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
FPoole

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:12 pm

I remember the old days when no one had a/c. We seemed to get by just fine and we must have been a lot tougher because today's kids act like no a/c is a death sentence. Worst part of the storm is the rain that pelted the east side of house for at least a day solid. My septic drainfield is on that side and the toilet began to gurgle a bit. The drainfield is totally waterlogged. It's drying out now, but I had to dig a few inspection holes to check things out. I'm going to add a couple of new lines in the drainfield, just to be safe.