Discipline for the kids.

Timmytree

Discipline for the kids.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:14 pm

I recently braved a weekend camping with my kids and grandkids. It was generally pretty good except for the 13 yr old granddaughter having a few grouchy moments and the 5 yr old Tommy being a disobedient whirlwind on steroids. I normally stay out of it, I've done my bit with kids and I don't think it's down to me to step in. However, on this weekend I finally had enough. I told my daughter to leave them to me. The girl, with lip on the floor, was told to grow up, join in or get put on a bus back to dad. "I don't care" was the reply. OK, fine, after being dragged through the site by her collar for about 300 yards she suddenly decided she wanted to stay after all, tears over she actually went and apologised to her mum and peace reigned apart from Tommy.
Tommy is maybe hyperactive and can be defiant, he gets shouted at and moaned at but that doesn't work. After being told 30+ times to stop jumping in and out of the trailer tent I went to the box and got the biggest tent peg I could find and a mallet. Grabbed Tommy by the leg and told him that if he disobeyed once more I would bash the peg through his foot into the ground and leave him there all night. "Do you mean it Grandad?" said the little sod.
"Do you want to find out"
"No!"
Well behave then"
After that we had nothing but laughs but I still wonder why my daughter doesn't realise that shouting doesn't work, it never did with her and never will with her kids. A bit of hands on healthy fear is the best way!

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Discipline for the kids.

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:47 pm

A little short sharp shock just too remind them who the boss is won't hurt them one bit.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
neil

Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:54 am

I grew up having the sheite beaten out of me so have tried to have a "hands off" approach with my own kids but when they step over the mark they know what they get, when there is nothing after the raised voice kids will carry on playing up, when they know a slap on their arse comes next if they carry on they start behaving, if they were mine i`de be using the raised voice bit with the parents

no avatar
FPoole

Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:20 am

Your daughter will now have some teeth to her raised voice. "Do you want me to call Grandad?" :lol: