Dunkirk.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Dunkirk.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:25 am

Anyone seen it yet ? If so what did you think about it?

I read an article a few days ago that there is a group of people complaining that there wasn't enough black or female actors in the film :roll: maybe next time we should forget about history and just aim too please blacks ,feminists and transgender groups :roll: :roll: :roll:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Re: Dunkirk.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:19 am

I havent seen the film but the main complaint is about collonial soldiers missing from the cast. Four companies of the volunteer Royal Indian Army Service Corps plus headquarters and support detachments were there , perhaps 1,000 men. Some were decorated and some captured but the war ministry tended to leave them out of history along with the Gurkhas.
There probably werent any women apart from camp followers and anyone with gender issues were promptly court marshalled and jailed.

The wifes uncle was a dental mechanic making false teeth. Or as the army put it "Mechanic, Dental". So along with all peacetime mechanics he was put in REME and sent to Dunkirk to maintain the vehicles!

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:17 am

Pete you are correct I also read that the Indian army were there ,but sadly only present in the film for a brief period (so I've read) if that is correct they deserved a bigger participating roll in the film.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
143granville

Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:06 pm

not many at scapper beach as well .