Different recipes for rabbits

no avatar
Outandabout

Different recipes for rabbits

Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:52 pm

Hi all
When we were Valletta in Malta a while ago I was impressed and quite pleased with the amount of rabbit meals on the menues of the restaraunts. I didnt know rabbit was 1 of maltas national dishes ??. I should have gotten a maltese cook book when i was there.
Now the point of my post which no doubt has been asked in the past.
How does everybody cook there rabbits. Not just the hump back pie and rabbit stew, i have had uncountable meals of these over the years I am looking for nice different uses for rabbits. Any suggestions.
Cheers
Kevin

no avatar
Roger5

Re: Different recipes for rabbits

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:30 pm

Try Tandoori Rabbit, loads of recipes for chickens, just chuck them and use Rabbit instead. Rog

Blackbaronfish

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:51 pm

As above. Plenty of Barbados chicken recipes. 8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Roger5

Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:36 pm

Outandabout wrote:Hi all
When we were Valletta in Malta a while ago I was impressed and quite pleased with the amount of rabbit meals on the menues of the restaraunts. I didnt know rabbit was 1 of maltas national dishes ??. I should have gotten a maltese cook book when i was there.
Now the point of my post which no doubt has been asked in the past.
How does everybody cook there rabbits. Not just the hump back pie and rabbit stew, i have had uncountable meals of these over the years I am looking for nice different uses for rabbits. Any suggestions.
Cheers
Kevin

Looks like there ain't many of you eating what you shoot, still I suppose Charlie's getting a free meal, pretty depressing really :roll: .Rog

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:24 am

No recipes from me I'm afraid, the ferrets enjoy them with out any fancy preparation :lol:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Blackbaronfish

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:36 am

I wonder how many do still hunt. Maybe they all shoot tin chickens :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

darran77

Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Plenty of shooting, and plenty of bunny's for the pot. But i give a lot of them away to friends who are of the slightly older generation,
and they just make traditional stews and pies. The ones i do cook end up as burgers, and even them are given to the local museum volunteers.
Daz
IFAC member