No sneezing, coughing, laughing or farting

Raj

No sneezing, coughing, laughing or farting

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:37 pm

Last Sunday ... 8:30 PM. Stopped for a drink of water while on a 20 mile bike ride with my daughter. While getting back on, something went wrong with the front chain ring derailleur. It stopped dead just as I was on top of the pedal stroke and I went over the handlebars of my roadbike to come crashing down on the tarmac ... on my ribs. I have broken at least one of them. It feels weird and painful because there is grating and clicks when I move. And it is painful if I lie down or do any of the things in the post title.
No treatment ... just painkillers and rest they said. No cycling for 4 to 6 weeks they said ... so I went out for a cheeky 15 mile flattish ride this morning and feel better for it :D :D :D
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: No sneezing, coughing, laughing or farting

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:13 am

I broke two ribs a few years ago, how you managed too go for another bike ride straight after is beyond me :shock: I could barely stand up straight never mind ride a bike.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:12 am

ouch! Yes get back on it. Take medical opinion with a pinch of salt. I fell over the handlebars at traffic lights in London in 1972. Never did find out why but I dislocated my shoulder and bashed a knee. Pulled shoulder back round and rode bike to A&E - how else was I going to get there!

Raj

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:37 pm

eboswan wrote:I broke two ribs a few years ago, how you managed too go for another bike ride straight after is beyond me :shock: I could barely stand up straight never mind ride a bike.

I am finding riding easier than walming ... :D

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:43 pm

Raj wrote:
eboswan wrote:I broke two ribs a few years ago, how you managed too go for another bike ride straight after is beyond me :shock: I could barely stand up straight never mind ride a bike.

Walming - doesnt that affect your eyesight? :mrgreen:

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:30 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:
Raj wrote:

Walming - doesnt that affect your eyesight? :mrgreen:

It must be an indian thing :lol:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Raj

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:08 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I cant read what i am typing without my glasses and 'm' and 'k' are quite near each other on the keyboard.

no avatar
143granville

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:58 pm

hope you recover soon not the best injury to have .
never broke any ,but painful never the less .

no avatar
Mason

Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:57 am

It must be your lycra skin holding everything in place Raj when you ride. Get well soon.

:D

no avatar
zingpow

Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:27 pm

i was laying on my back on the cement floor of the garage, my left hand pressed against the bottom of my boat holding it up off the trailer so i could adjust the rollers on the trailer...in my right hand i had a 1/2inch drive ratchet with the appropriate socket pulling back as hard as i could to tighten up a nut and lock washer...the two bottom ribs on the right side decided it was too much and they split away from their associates and you could have heard the "pop" across the street...

now there is a bulge on my right side from where they never exactly settled back in and it's disconcerting for the few that ever see me with my shirt off or with a compression shirt on...i can press the bottom two more than an inch in, and past the ribs above them...

i thank you for the great visual you painted in my mind's eye of you sailing over the handle bars and landing and perhaps skidding a meter or so on your chest...while we have never met and therefore i have no idea what you look like when you're NOT sliding down the road ahead of your bike, i now have a clear image of you doing your best to limit the damage to your chest while keeping your face out of the fray...zp...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money