d day looms

no avatar
poguemahone

d day looms

Tue May 23, 2017 10:36 am

well boys, i've not been kicking about for a bit as i've had a few problems. had a bladder cancer scare that was all clear after scans and cystoscopy.
problem was, one of the scans showed an abdominal aorta aneurysm. was referred to vascular surgery, and after a ruck of tests the surgeon mr pherwani
decided last week that 7th june is the day. mr pherwani decided that i needed that i needed a ureter stent (ouch) before major surgery, so had that done last tuesday.
i knew it was a big job, but didnt realise quite how big, until last week when he said it was bigger than triple bypass :shock: :shock:
i'll be getting £73.10 a week in esa benefit, so obviously i'll have to cut out little luxuries like bread, milk, toilet rolls, etc. :lol: :lol:
oh i packed the fags in 13 weeks ago, as demanded by mr pherwani, cant believe how easy it was, although i'm on e cig 8-) 8-)
only thing that worries me is getting bored during a 6 month recovery period :lol: :lol:

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: d day looms

Tue May 23, 2017 10:55 am

Steve you have my best wishes mate..
While you are recovering mate I will be thinking of you while I wipe my ass with the never ending supply of toilet roll we have here if fact I will send you some we can't see a fellow member struggle.

Ps seriously good luck with all that's in front of you mate,i will ring you soon.

Brian
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Tue May 23, 2017 11:31 am

Good luck with the op.
If you had that camera up the old tin whistle it is not very pleasant. :o

Iced Tiger

Tue May 23, 2017 4:00 pm

Hope everything goes well.
6 months of day time TV is not going to be pleasant.
AA FTP 900 .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter R .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter XS Xtra FAC .22 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi 6-24X50
AA TX200 HC MKIII .177 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi4-16X50
AA Alfa Pistol .177 ~ Very Shiny

Blackbaronfish

Tue May 23, 2017 4:59 pm

Its that time in life when all are bits stop doing the things they should :o .
Congratulations on the clear scan Steve. Just get over the day time TV before hitting them pests.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

pjgtech

Tue May 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Hope you make a full recovery. 8-)
pjgtech: BASC: SMK S2 Pistol .177
Air Arms ProSport .177 (Tuned):
Air Arms S410 TDR .177:
Kral NP-02 .177:
Umarex Colt 1911 . 177:
Weihrauch HW 97KT. 22:(Tuned):
Weihrauch HW40 .177

Timmytree

Tue May 23, 2017 7:14 pm

All the best Steve, far better they find the aneurism now when they can do something about it!
Does that mean the rats get a rest?

Raj

Wed May 24, 2017 10:08 pm

All the best for a quick return to your normal funny self, mate. Dont hesitate to give us a shout if you need owt. You know I come your way often. :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
poguemahone

Fri May 26, 2017 11:30 am

eboswan wrote:Steve you have my best wishes mate..
While you are recovering mate I will be thinking of you while I wipe my ass with the never ending supply of toilet roll we have here if fact I will send you some we can't see a fellow member struggle.

Ps seriously good luck with all that's in front of you mate,i will ring you soon.

Brian

look you now boyo, thats a very kind offer see, wasnt it ;)
TenMetrePeter wrote:Good luck with the op.
If you had that camera up the old tin whistle it is not very pleasant. :o

cheers mate ;) the camera (flexible cystoscopy) brought a small teardrop to the corner of my eye :lol: :lol:
but the uretic stent was fitted by rigid cystoscopy under general anaethsetic, and everything was fine til i woke up :shock: :lol:
Iced Tiger wrote:Hope everything goes well.
6 months of day time TV is not going to be pleasant.

cheers, reckon you're right about daytime telly :lol:
Blackbaronfish wrote:It that time in life when all are bits stop doing the things they should :o .
Congratulations on the clear scan Steve. Just get over the day time TV before hitting them pests.

BBF

cheers ray, think i'll skip the daytime telly :x
pjgtech wrote:Hope you make a full recovery. 8-)

cheers mate, much appreciated ;) ;)
Timmytree wrote:All the best Steve, far better they find the aneurism now when they can do something about it!
Does that mean the rats get a rest?

cheers tim, yeah the rats get a temporary rest, and i'll plan a little treat for the magpies as well :D
Raj wrote:All the best for a quick return to your normal funny self, mate. Dont hesitate to give us a shout if you need owt. You know I come your way often. :)

ta duck, you used to come quite often when my dear adorable mother in law was alive, was there summat going on between you ? :lol: ;) ;)

no avatar
Big Dog

Sat May 27, 2017 9:59 am

All the best for the 7th, your 6 months recovery will pass by swiftly once it starts, just look forward to getting back to the normal routine and enjoy the
he rest while you can.