at last, SEX!!

no avatar
wastrel

at last, SEX!!

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:03 pm

Ha HA, right then, long timers may remember I built a bird box 2 or 3 years ago, I`m sure I posted on the old forum,
it`s had a lick of cuprinol (or similar) & I removed the bent wire & added a 4" screw just below the hole, & tonight, for the first time since, 2 bluetits have started nest building, the gaffer`s already on my case, wants me to move it incase her putting out washing right in front of it, or just us using the garden once eggs hatch or chicks may force them to abandon the clutch, I told her that moving it now would have just that effect, so, hopefully we`ll have chicks soon!
I built the wee thing from scratch, (& some scrap wood) so I`m really quite chuffed about this
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

Blackbaronfish

Re: at last, SEX!!

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:26 pm

Fantastic...I love hatching tits :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
wastrel

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:59 pm

the boss has already brushed our two collies coats to get a pile of hair, then made ME tuck it into the hole for nest building material for the birds, guys, this is turning into a chore, updates will be forthcoming, apparently we`re (I`m) now raising a clutch of Bluetits :o
bloody animal lovers, give me strength :roll:
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

Blackbaronfish

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:17 pm

You may have found a use for belly button fluff :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

darran77

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:55 pm

wastrel wrote:Ha HA, right then, long timers may remember I built a bird box 2 or 3 years ago, I`m sure I posted on the old forum,
it`s had a lick of cuprinol (or similar) & I removed the bent wire & added a 4" screw just below the hole, & tonight, for the first time since, 2 bluetits have started nest building, the gaffer`s already on my case, wants me to move it incase her putting out washing right in front of it, or just us using the garden once eggs hatch or chicks may force them to abandon the clutch, I told her that moving it now would have just that effect, so, hopefully we`ll have chicks soon!
I built the wee thing from scratch, (& some scrap wood) so I`m really quite chuffed about this

Is that a lead lined roof?
daz
IFAC member

no avatar
wastrel

Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:36 pm

darran77 wrote: Is that a lead lined roof? daz

No, it's some German rubberised matting, 25 yr guarantee apparently! I blagged it off a local job (walk through aquarium) where it was used on the otter 'Holt' roof, it has a material coat on back which got stuck to velcro strips & was a nightmare to fit, I just used staples on this!
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member