Customer Service.

no avatar
Brooksy

Customer Service.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:41 pm

What about this?

I bought a Samsung LCD TV four years ago.
I went on holiday in January and was away for three weeks, I gave my neighbour the key.
When we got home he told me that the TV had switched itself on a few times while we were away.
I tried to switch it on and it took 3 to 4 minutes to power up.

I rang the Samsung help line last Saturday at 5.20 pm, they answered the phone, took the serial number, asked if I had an extended warranty, which I don't have, and after about a 2 second pause with some key clicking she said "OK, that model contains some capacitors we bought from Fujitsu, they are faulty. We're sending somebody out tomorrow to fix it".
"Sunday"? I said. "Yes Sir." Was the reply.
"How much"? I asked, slightly panicked. "Nothing Sir, is there anything else I can help you with"?
"No thanks" I replied, "my Samsung fridge freezer is working fine as it happens."
"How old is it"? She asked, "Oh don't worry" I say, "we've had that for 7 years."
"If it fails with anything other than deliberate damage, call us Sir."

I'm gob smacked.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

Raj

Re: Customer Service.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:26 pm

Nearly as good as AirArms that ... 8-)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Dan

Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:36 pm

I wish MTC was that helpful :x :roll:
Air Arms s200 MK2 HUMA Regulated, MTC MAMBA

no avatar
Brooksy

Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:32 pm

On a similar note, years ago, when I was into Hi-Fi, I had a Dual CS 505 turntable. British made. It had a large resistor to cut the mains power down to feed the motor. The resistor burned out after 10 years of annoying my neighbours. I called the company to ask for a new resistor and they sent one free of charge.

Also, at the time my wife worked at a hair dressers, some scrote broke into the shop one night and tried to steal their Celestion Ditton speakers. A big hairy arsed copper disturbed said scrote, who dropped the speakers, damaging the base drivers. I rang Celestion and they quoted £50.00 per driver. They guy on their end asked how two drivers had blown, he had never heard of such a failure so he was concerned. When I mentioned burglary, he sent two drivers out at £15.00 each.
He never sent the invoice.

Restores one's faith somewhat.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Blackbaronfish

Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:23 am

Dan wrote:I wish MTC was that helpful :x :roll:

MTC were very good at one time when Sam and Gary Cooper ran it.
What problem have you got Dan

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Dan

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:09 am

I have a Mamba well I have 2 mamba's both no older than 3 years I brought direct from Gary ,one of them whites out on 10 Mag ,I called them and asked if it could be fixed under warranty but they said no, as I didn't register them online ??? I obviously didn't know you had to do that. when Gary and Sammy had it they would sort the scopes no questions asked brilliant service back then . Anyway as Gary is no longer their, they gave me an email address for him 2 problems with that 1 ,he sold the company and I'd imagine that he doesn't check or care much about it anymore. 2, I think he probably won't remember 1 person who he's sold a scope to 3 years ago . So I now have a scope I don't want or use . I'll sell the good scope at some point and never use mtc again .

no avatar
Brooksy

Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:34 pm

That is rubbish, you don't have to register online, you only need your receipt. If they bought the company they also bought intellectual rights. Whatever the warranty wording said at the time of purchase is your right.
Write to them, recorded delivery, giving them 14 days to honour their legal obligations, then go to a small claims court.

Dan

Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:21 pm

They say there is 2 Year warranty with receipt but after that you would have needed to register the scope . The point is with or without the receipt just fix the scope . In all honesty whether they fix it or not now I'll never buy a MTC product again .not that ,that will bother them :evil: