Who says so?

no avatar
mick1948

Who says so?

Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:36 pm

MPs are elected to serve so who gave them the right to give some African girl group millions of our pounds to get started? who wants the high speed train to come to Yorkshire at a cost of how many millions? (only them that will be making millions by building it) all this crap is coming from our parliament meanwhile our old folk and hospitals are needing money. I'm sick of MPs voting with their consciences they should be doing as we say. That's democracy isn't it?

Timmytree

Re: Who says so?

Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:57 pm

It is, democracy means representing the will of the people but when have MPs ever done that? They all have hidden agendas, private businesses and use the position to further their own interests. "Poly"means many I believe, "Tick" is a bloodsucking parasite. So parliament is just a collection of leeches bleeding the ordinary people, no change there then. As I've said before, the only man in Parliament with honest intentions was Guido Fawkes and sadly he failed.
In view of what needs spending on that inept and decrepit pile now I wish he had managed to blow the lot to kingdom come.
I think Westminster should be cleared and reused for social housing, use the NEC for Parliament meetings, central, better transport links and a lot cheaper as well. No bars or special restaurants, each MP gets a desk and phone and a room in a Travelodge. Cost effective!

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:09 pm

I miss your outlook on everyday life. :D
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
mick1948

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:53 pm

When I go on holiday I talk to people from all over the country - we all do that don't we? everyone agrees with me that we suffer these unknown people who dictate what happens to government money. Government money? it's OUR money, about time we had a say. Look at how our democracy works, if I recall rightly, we were told we needed crime commissioners, then we given a shortlist of WHO we could vote for - it wasn't open to people to stand for the position. what can we do? any lawful suggestions? :roll: :roll:

no avatar
Big Dog

Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:35 am

mick1948 wrote: what can we do? any lawful suggestions? :roll: :roll:

After my 16 years in the Military, I then worked for various Government Departments for a further 17 years. At one point I had a fairly senior post within the MOJ and during my time met many politicians. sadly TT is 100% correct - there isn't a politician out there that isn't in it for themselves and only themselves. We had a saying - you know that a politician is lying because their lips are moving!! During my time in Government Service I was involved in many conversations about something that scares the cr@p out of politicians. They lie to get you to vote for them at the ballot box and then they lie and cheat once you've voted for them. You have to ask therefore why we bother to vote, we know that we are voting for dishonesty every time we put our mark on the ballot sheet.

The one thing that we can all do legally to force a radical change is really quite simple. At the next general election refuse to vote. Yes, it would throw our system into utter chaos but we would recover quickly and the message would be sent loud and clearly to politicians - we do not trust you, we are sick and tired of liars and cheats who do as they wish despite what the voting public want and we want our Country run for our benefit and not yours. The answer is simple - don't vote for any of them.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:22 am

I still value voting however frustrated with politicians.. Not voting says you are happy with things the way they are. Voting is how Brexit happened (yay!). Not voting is how youngsters lost their precious European ideal. Its why they remoan about it now - they missed their chance to vote and went for a pint instead. Woke up next morning kicking themselves.