Trumps ban on Foreign visitors.

Timmytree

Trumps ban on Foreign visitors.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Personally I think that after 9/11 Trump has every right to enforce a ban on certain countries. After the atrocities in France and Germany maybe his stance makes sense, maybe if Europe had taken a similar stance the terrorist attacks wouldn't have happened?
He may not be popular but how many people here would support his stance and wish for our government to take a similar hard line?
My only concern at the moment is that Kuwait and the UAE are not on the banned list.

no avatar
poguemahone

Re: Trumps ban on Foreign visitors.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:03 pm

the uk couldnt impose a ban, as thousands sneak into this country illegally. if they have no passport or id, they cannot be deported.
i bet calais is full of discarded passports and id documents :lol:

no avatar
neil

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:03 am

under international law, irrespective of the EU freedom of movement bullshit, every country in the world has the right to deny entry to anyone, Trump has only imposed a ban until they figure out a way to check people out properly, his right to be fair as the elected leader of his country, I don`t see what the problem is

no avatar
neil

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:06 am

neil wrote:under international law, irrespective of the EU freedom of movement bullshit, every country in the world has the right to deny entry to anyone, Trump has only imposed a ban until they figure out a way to check people out properly, his right to be fair as the elected leader of his country, I don`t see what the problem is

yes they can, if you can prove which country they were last in or the one they have travelled from you have, under international law, the right to send them back there, look into it closely and asylum rules state that they should ask for refuge in the nearest safe haven, no country is at war on any of our borders so they can`t say its not safe in any of the countries they cross on the way here

no avatar
FPoole

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:09 am

In my opinion, Trump is not the root cause of this. Muslims need to look at their brothers and see that they have brought this on themselves. There is an hour long documentary that I've seen on our local public access station that explains it all, as far as I'm concerned. The program is produced and presented by a Muslim man and he lays the Muslim stereotype on Hollywood. He says they've always been portrayed as the bad guy, but he never mentions one word about the countless horrible acts that are actual fact. He just won't acknowledge any blame and says it's someone else's fault. Go get 'em Donald.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:47 pm

Well you can't fault the man he's sticking by what he said he would do.
As for our lot they say one thing and do the other.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Big Dog

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:42 am

I completely agree with Donald Trumps line on this. Every Country should retain the right to be able to bar anyone from entering their Nation if they generate any cause for concern. In a an age where both international terrorism and cross border crime has become a real concern, it would be criminal to fail to have in place effective standards and protocols that ensure and maintain the safety of a Nations populous. I worked for the MOJ for many years and you would be horrified at the number of foreign nationals who enter our country unhindered, but who have the most horrendous criminal records in their own Countries. Many of them go on to commit similar crimes whilst in this Country before ending up in Prison here. Perhaps its about time our Politicians took a leaf out of Donald Trumps book, not to simply prevent access to out great Country, but to effectively filter out those that have nothing positive to add to our society and will just take.

no avatar
granville

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:33 pm

hope some of it rubs off on our pm .