Idiot drivers

Timmytree

Idiot drivers

Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:06 pm

Coming back along the M4 and M5 this afternoon, torrential rain with bad visibility, heavy spray and lots of standing water. Numerous idiots with no lights on, more idiots ploughing on in excess of 80mph and even more driving up close to the car in front with no idea of a realistic stopping distance.
At one point on the M4 I think I experienced aquaplaning very briefly so I tucked in to the inside at 60mph and stayed there for the rest of the journey.
Special mentions to the stupid bitch in the Suzuki swift at Jct 15 who went down the slip road in the outside lane and got overtaken by the artic on the inside, she entered the motorway at 50 mph, went straight to the middle lane and looked like she intended to stay there.
Another tosser in a Volvo estate settled at 55 mph on the inside so any HGV overtaking him took 5 miles and backed up the middle lane hoggers like priests following a cub scout outing. Add in to that the Audi and BMW pretend 4X4 drivers stuck in the outside lane (no left indicator or understanding of lane discipline) and you have a perfect nightmare of a drive. Normally about 1hr 35 min, tonight it was nearly 3 hours.
I'm going to go across country on A roads in future. Driving standards in this country are bloody abysmal. It's either women or blokes taught by women!

gdavison

Re: Idiot drivers

Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:44 pm

agreed .. quality of driving is terrible these days .. scares me sometimes
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

no avatar
mick1948

Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:24 pm

Try driving in France --- daft buggers are all on the wrong side!!!!!!!!

Raj

Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:51 pm

mick1948 wrote:Try driving in France --- daft buggers are all on the wrong side!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:05 pm

mick1948 wrote:France - daft buggers

is all you needed to say.

Timmytree

Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:46 pm

Had another one today, on a fast A road not far from Lechlade there was a pillock in a white hatchback who missed the turning to the Cotswold wildlife park, 100 yards in front of us he indicated right and turned into a small side road, then reversed back out onto the A road in front of us to do a 3 point turn.
I did an emergency stop and avoided T boning him by about 4ft. I wound down the window and gave him chapter and verse about his parentage and offered him a short lesson in Somerset thick pig smacking which he declined. A total idiot! I can see why the death rates are so high in the Cotswolds, in the last 5 months I've had more near misses up there than anywhere I've ever driven. Before anyone asks I've got got 42 years of "no fault" driving and no convictions since 1976.