The weather where you are.

no avatar
Outandabout

The weather where you are.

Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:00 am

Hi all
Is the weather where you are as bad as forecasted
Its quite cold and breezy with a light cover of snow here. But not as bad as we were led to believe. Definitely able to go shooting if I so desire. Unfortunatly I am stuck in the house getting over this flu bug thats going around up here.
Kevin

no avatar
wastrel

Re: The weather where you are.

Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:15 am

I'm the same in W/Central Scotland, a light dusting & very cold for sure, but nowt we can't handle!
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:38 am

We had a few light snow showers last night, so a very light dusting this morning but it is windy and cold.
Every time I have watched the weather over the last few days the weatherman goes something like this.
Today the north will have have some snow especially over high ground and some may settle at lower levels.
The midlands will have the occasional passing snow shower.
Wales will have a few showers.... ok that's enough about Wales..
"then the weatherman points at London"
There is terror in his eyes as he warns that London will possibly have the occasional snow flurry and warns of travel disruption, food shortages and a general break down of society :roll:
the rest of the country can be in utter disarray as long as London isn't affected :roll:

Or is that just how I see it.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
wastrel

Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:01 pm

eboswan wrote: the rest of the country can be in utter disarray as long as London isn't affected :roll:
Or is that just how I see it.

NOPE, I have been sickened many many times by the south east/London bias in the news, was working in Chester once & the tall ships crewed by teenagers from all across Europe had come to Liverpool, we took a day off work to see them set sail, BBC news hadn't mentioned the occasion once, that night they ended the news with MP's having a jolly jape & drinks on the banks of the Thames :shock:
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

gdavison

Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:03 pm

Luckily I had a 2 foot steel rule to enable me to measure the record setting snow fall in Hampshire

My wife and I are hoping we can dig ourselves out the house before supplies run out
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:18 pm

gdavison wrote:Luckily I had a 2 foot steel rule to enable me to measure the record setting snow fall in Hampshire

My wife and I are hoping we can dig ourselves out the house before supplies run out

Wow you can ring the emergency services if it gets too difficult too cope :lol:
S200. .177

no avatar
billywhizz

Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:28 pm

its cool and windy , but no snow no ice suns shining blue sky, was in the garden this morning and afternoon, nice day just a little windy, but hey its cornwall its always windy here ,well it is where I am . thinking maybe get my summer shorts out tomorrow :lol:

gdavison

Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:37 pm

eboswan wrote:

Called local takeaway and asked if they could do a drone delivery .. they told me there is no snow and its "fake news" .. checked dailymail.co.uk and I read I now have to evacuate because of floods and storm surge .. ITS END OF DAYS I tell you :evil:
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:13 pm

gdavison wrote:
eboswan wrote:

Called local takeaway and asked if they could do a drone delivery .. they told me there is no snow and its "fake news" .. checked dailymail.co.uk and I read I now have to evacuate because of floods and storm surge .. ITS END OF DAYS I tell you :evil:

It will be the end of the world if you can't get a curry :shock: maybe they can float a curry too you :mrgreen:
S200. .177

Raj

Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:35 pm

What ??? No curry ?? It is an insurgent plot to destabilize the nation :shock:

And Bri ... here are some perls of wisdom .... if you eat vegetarian curry, you get floaters the next morning. Eat chicken or lamb curry and you get sinkers :D
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"