PPI

Timmytree

PPI

Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:57 pm

I love these texts and calls!
Instead of the usual "sod off" I decided to play along. Yes I'd had a loan, no I wasn't aware of PPI but wasn't sure if I'd paid it. I'll look at my paperwork shall I?
Went off and made tea, 10 minutes later I haven't found any paperwork and I can't remember who the loan was with but maybe I can find the details in my bank statements? Great idea, What was the loan for? A brand new motorbike. Off again for another cuppa, back to the phone, no I can't find any records but maybe you can find the details if I tell you where I think it was borrowed from and when?

Bank of Dad, 1975. £325 for a Honda XL125, interest free loan. NOW SOD OFF!! :mrgreen:

no avatar
granville

Re: PPI

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:29 pm

I love the I beleave you have been in an accident that was not your
fault .
my reply is oh yes on my mobility scooter on the m 6 .
but they still ring for more wined ups .

Blackbaronfish

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:27 pm

They are certainly pushy. Im always getting calls from them :roll:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:00 pm

I gave up landline phone years ago. Very few come on mobile. The only time I got a "youve had an accident " text was a week after visiting A&E to get a finger stitched. I gave the hospital my mobile number. Coincidence or what?

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:19 pm

if you tell them that you have joined the T.P.S. telephone preference service it is then against the law for that company too call you again and they will remove your number from they`re call list.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:29 pm

I've had spats with TPS after they told me surveys were exempt from the law. I hope that loophole has been fixed but I'm not confident.
Wasting their time is fun but if I worked in their sweatshop call centres I might just tinkle back at 3am for revenge. :evil:

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:31 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:I've had spats with TPS after they told me surveys were exempt from the law. I hope that loophole has been fixed but I'm not confident.
Wasting their time is fun but if I worked in their sweatshop call centres I might just tinkle back at 3am for revenge. :evil:

:shock: they never told me surveys were exempt :x
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:05 am

They can make "genuine market research calls" and you then need to ask each one to stop. There is no blanket ban unless something changed since 2012

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... zPv-pZR-Zw

no avatar
Gixxerboy

Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:48 pm

Timmytree wrote:I love these texts and calls!
Instead of the usual "sod off" I decided to play along. Yes I'd had a loan, no I wasn't aware of PPI but wasn't sure if I'd paid it. I'll look at my paperwork shall I?
Went off and made tea, 10 minutes later I haven't found any paperwork and I can't remember who the loan was with but maybe I can find the details in my bank statements? Great idea, What was the loan for? A brand new motorbike. Off again for another cuppa, back to the phone, no I can't find any records but maybe you can find the details if I tell you where I think it was borrowed from and when?

Bank of Dad, 1975. £325 for a Honda XL125, interest free loan. NOW SOD OFF!! :mrgreen:

My first ever bike!!!

1979 Honda XL125s in blue bought in 1983. Paid £350 for the bike and got a Centurion helmet and a years insurance on the tick. Ended up still paying for it at a fiver a week for two years after it was sold on. My first vehicle route of independence.

Oh and mum and dad had to sign as guarantours too.

Timmytree

Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:40 pm

Gixxerboy wrote:
Timmytree wrote:I love these texts and calls!

My first ever bike!!!

1979 Honda XL125s in blue bought in 1983. Paid £350 for the bike and got a Centurion helmet and a years insurance on the tick. Ended up still paying for it at a fiver a week for two years after it was sold on. My first vehicle route of independence.

My little XL was with me for 4 years, did many thousands of miles, got battered off road but never let me down. Great memories of days out on the Quantocks with a girl on the pillion and trying the best chat up line I've ever had.
"Are you havin' it or walking home?" :mrgreen:

Oh and mum and dad had to sign as guarantours too.