Soccer or football as you all call it

no avatar
FPoole

Soccer or football as you all call it

Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:09 am

I really like watching soccer and I can't bear to watch American professional football. I prefer College level and even high school. Soccer is quite boring(to me) most times, to be perfectly blunt, but I saw a Spanish match today and just 2 or 3 minutes made up for a lot of the boring hours. A fellow named Lionel Messi just walked through the other team and I mean right through a crowd. He didn't score, but he set up 2 easy scores. I say easy because he did the hard part. It looked like he was invisible. I guess that's why it's worth it to sit through the slow parts. It just looked so amazing when I compare it to my limited soccer watching experience. I still don't get the off sides bit yet. I just finished watching the rst of the match and Messi did score near the end. I've also formed an opinion of his team mate Neymar from past matches. I'd have to take him out if I were on the other team.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Soccer or football as you all call it

Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:43 am

I dont watch football theyre a bunch of over paid prima donnas (awaiting backlash from football fans) :lol:
If you want too watch a real game watch rugby :D
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Big Dog

Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:21 am

eboswan wrote:I dont watch football theyre a bunch of over paid prima donnas (awaiting backlash from football fans) :lol:
If you want too watch a real game watch rugby :D

Very well said that man, couldn't agree more.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:49 am

As I was lucky enough to go to a Grammar school in the 60's I still call it soccer. On a Saturday night it's "oh F'ing soccer again..."
Rugger - that's the game.

no avatar
FPoole

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:04 pm

I watch the rugby as well, but it only shows up very rarely here. I would love to see Neymar on the rugby field, if you know what I mean. No sissy hairdos on a rugby player either. The man bun is one of my pet peeves. I fear that I may start carrying a pair of scissors to just clip off the pony tails and top knots of old half bald men, boys will not be immune either. :lol:

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:11 pm

FPoole wrote:I watch the rugby as well, but it only shows up very rarely here. I would love to see Neymar on the rugby field, if you know what I mean. No sissy hairdos on a rugby player either. The man bun is one of my pet peeves. I fear that I may start carrying a pair of scissors to just clip off the pony tails and top knots of old half bald men, boys will not be immune either. :lol:

Anyone with a top knot deserves to be kicked in the nuts....
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
gary martin

Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:18 pm

I have better things to do with a hour and a half of my life than watch twenty two millionaires kick a bag of wind about a field.

no avatar
Brooksy

Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:41 pm

One of my staff skived off to watch Man Utd play a while back and I docked his pay, when he protested with "but I love Man U" I simply retorted "when Alex Furguson rings me up to ask how you lot are doing on a Saturday, I'll take an interest in his."

:D
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.